What are your top selling strains?

What are your top selling strains and do you see a preference for indica vs sativa vs hybrid?

Also, how does price affect the volume of your sales? Do people go for top shelf, mid shelf, or low shelf most often, and in what %'s for each grade level?

4 Likes

OG Kush and any kush variants are our most demanded ones. Jack Herer has a special clientele and White Siberian is very popular. We have had a lot of requests for CBD strains so we are trialing a number of those this year.

We have a solid medical clientele that are regular - we price to support them and they keep coming back and supporting us. We only provide premium organic cannabis and only change price if the input costs are different (eg. Indoor vs Outdoor/Greenhouse).

4 Likes

Obama Kush and Blue Hawaiian are making moves in Redmond, Wa. Bondi Farms is the Farm and when it comes to taste, terps and true to strain it’s a very easy sell in the legal market. Their packaging is pretty standard but what makes it pop is the labeling and the fact that there is a terp report to refer back to .

5 Likes

Could you maybe post a pic of their packaging and labeling? Do you have a link? Would love to see the terp report.

3 Likes

I would really love to see terpenes as well as other cannabinoids make their way onto labels more often. Whenever I am in the FOH (usually very briefly), the question I hear over and over again is “What’s your highest THC _____?” Which is unfortunate, but hopefully more companies will start working towards public education on the synergistic effects of these compounds. And I am optimistic that growing specifically for R&D will become viable once large companies start to standardize themselves (hopefully a diamond in the rough for the majority of us here in smaller businesses).

4 Likes

My company is in a slightly lower than middle class city in Colorado. The majority of people coming in have a particular (and often particularly small) amount of money to spend. They will typically try to go for highest THC% as opposed to “shelf,” or tiers. But they tend to abandon their ideals fairly readily in favor of the cheaper option; pre-rolls. More special requests are made for sativas – I think just because people who (think they) know the difference will tend to lean that way if they are looking for any specific high at all. Unfortunate for harvests per year… Does anyone have suggestions for economic solutions for growing plants with longer gestation periods? (That might be a question for another thread.)

3 Likes

@Cody you should wrap that last question into a new thread. I think there is a lot to discuss on that topic.

2 Likes

It’s nice to hear about CBD strain attention. We have a very nice Tangerita, 1:1 ratio chemical free grown with love. I don’t think the CBD awareness is caught on yet in So. CA

3 Likes

I have been amazed by the growing awareness and desire for lower thc, higher cbd flowers. We have found that some of our stronger thc strains are too strong for many people and the more balanced effect of the THC/CBD is very desirable. The market is changing.

4 Likes

I can imagine that the interests in cannabis are diversifying too. Before, it was a race to see which strain could get you stoned out of your gourd. Nowadays, people are looking for “feelings” – some people want to be calm, some want to feel a little loopy, some just want to blow off some steam.

1 Like

What area of the country are you and Nathan? I’ve not found a lot of demand in California so far. I have some growers with large amounts of CBD flower that they’re sitting on.

3 Likes

I am in Canada. The CBD mix at 1:1 or 2:1 is becoming increasing popular with the older market sector - it gives a good buzz, can really reduce the aches and pains, but you can still function and talk coherently. (for the older less experienced user the intense high of many of the current strains are very offputting).

A CBD/THC oil or tincture at 1:1 or 2:1 is great for a well balanced sleep and just taking away the aches and pains of increasing old age…

4 Likes

Yeah! I need some right now. My back is killing me.

3 Likes

I bet - you’ve been hard at work!

I wish I’d gone with rolling benches and flood and drain tables to bring the plants off the ground a bit. The constant bending over to check plants kills me. I should put that on the “Things I learned” topic! Consider Ergonomics when designing your grow!

4 Likes

Do you guys prefer weight or potency? I have a great friend in Vegas averaging 35%, but as a non-grower, I am curious about where the priorities are focused…and what is done to achieve those goals.

1 Like

We have a 20:20 THC CBD vape just came out, We are excited

5 Likes

Wow. You need a name for that 20:20 vape setup?

The Elephant Tranquilizer.

1 Like

Thank you, our founder is very proud.

2 Likes