What brands of Coco coir are prebuffered with cal mag?

Does anyone know what brands of Coco coir are prebuffered with calcium and magnesium? I just wanna open the bag and go…

3 Likes

They do have pre buffered coco ready to use just expand with ur type of nutrients and go.
Canna coco blocks or the bagged stuff either way. If u go to hydro shops near u and ask they will lead u to a good source of u explain u r looking for pre. Buffered coco. I run canna coco and have no issues I don’t do anything but break blocks up on smaller chunks and soak with jacks 321 at full strength with tribus in it. Hp pro mix is another super good stuff to use. They used to have a gorilla boost coco that was super good stuff didn’t last long on shelves not sure if ppl tried it out or. Not but I was digging it. Was triple.buffered ready to go I know others use other cocos but if I may stir clear of cocoloco it says it’s coco but needs treated as soil and if not will cause mad mad issues

4 Likes

Hi @thewretchedxiii

Because coco is inert, I dont think they would get pre buffered with Calmag, but maybe I am wrong. Some companies add perlite to it, which seems to be the going mix, alternatively they mix a range of additives, but then its called a promix or supersoil. What is the difference come to think of it.

2 Likes

The problem with Coco coir is… If you don’t pre buffer with a double dose of cal mag…you will run in to deficiencies in late flower because of the cation exchange. If you prebuffer the Coco the exchange will already have happened. Prebuffering makes for a smoother grow without fighting deficiencies as much. I just want some that’s already been done. Lol. The less steps the better.

1 Like

I use the cana coco it’s a very good product comes pre-washed buffered doesn’t have anything in it it’s just washed good and then you buffer it with whatever you want IE your nutrient solution and whatever microbes you might want but it’s very good product it can be reused over and over I’m going on like the sixth run with this batch of cocoa it does get washed every couple of batches but it’s a very good environmental friendly product

3 Likes

I’m looking for something precharged with cal mag.
:confused:

1 Like

You can always buffer it yourself with Cal or cal/mag just mix up a little per the directions on the bottle and some water and let it soak then it’s buffered

1 Like

Ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Seek pre-buffered Coco coir brands with calcium and magnesium for direct use.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Pretty sure Mother Earth is.
From their site:
" Rhp certified for quality, Mother Earth coco is pre-buffered & pH adjusted to neutral a 6.3-6.8 Mother Earth coco will promote strong root growth, populate microbial activity, discourage disease & insect outbreak & release nutrients evenly."

1 Like