What causes an early turn to orange in pistils?

Hello. I encounter this problem often. In every a couple of growing some plant’s pistils turning to orange colour very early I believe. Accordingly, harvest time comes early too with this plants and they cannot make big buds. Right now I got three plants which is all of those are different fast flowering photoperiod types. They growed very well and developed very thick branches after some trainings. A couple of weeks ago I changed the light duration from 18 hours to 12 in two weeks time. I mean day by day I lowered the light time to 12 hours in a day. After two weeks in 12 hours period they started to become orange fastly. Its insanely early because I was expecting at least one more month to enter that period. I made very succesfull growings before with this setup. I use 500W leds for 1.5 m2 field. This symptom is more common in tall plants. It maybe because of they are getting close to the light. If so I dont have other chance because lights are already on toppest point.How you guys dealing with this? I also dim the lights a little bit so I can make them relax probaby it was working around %80 powered. But it doesnt look like its fixing the problem. What can I do to slow down the process and allow the flowers to grow?

4 Likes

In my experience I have not had a bad harvest from a plant that turned their hairs brown before the others…some where the healthiest plant and some where the runts…at least that is my memory today…have a great smoke session growmie…

7 Likes

I have been noticing that my lowers get orange pistols way before the uppers. So my guess would be light intensity? I flower photos and autos on a 11/13 The closer to the light. The slower mine will normally do. I my self don’t focus so much on the pistols as the trichomes. I did this auto here and let her go long. Her pistols were so orange the whole plant looked orange. I turn the lights down about 5 weeks into flower as well.

8 Likes

To counter premature flowering, adjust your lighting setup by increasing the distance between the plants and the light source to reduce intensity. Ensure a consistent 12-hour dark period to maintain the flowering cycle. Monitor environmental factors like temperature and humidity, and adjust nutrient levels accordingly to promote vegetative growth. Consider introducing supplemental CO2 to enhance plant development and check for any stressors such as pests or diseases. Experimenting with different strains or genetics may also help prolong the vegetative stage and encourage larger bud growth.

1 Like