What cloner do you old pros use, and why? DWC or spray?

@PreyBird1 hell yeah we will get it done! No joke though, COVID has been a shit show for manufacturers and retailers. Supply chains are often messed up, meaning inventory and normal stocking levels are a moving target. @sssportsmfg if you ever need any help with anything you ordered, feel free to drop me a DM and I’ll personally get you taken care of. That goes for the whole GN crew too. I always want to make sure everyone is 100%, but I’m not going to lie, we’re not perfect and we make mistakes. Best thing I can do is try to fix processes once we find out their broken and get better month-over-month. Sometimes those fixes take 6 months to implement! :confused:

In terms of the site, we’re building an API to have more accurate real time ‘in stock’ and ‘out of stock’ flags on products. It’s a long story, but we fulfill orders in 3 ways: just-in-time, from inventory, or via drop ship. The items we do just-in-time and drop ship aren’t in our warehouse, so we can’t always tell if the manufacturer has them in stock at any given time, so we built an API (software) that speaks from their inventory management system to ours. It should go live in December for about 70% of items on the site.

If ya’ll are ever curious about anything on the site or just have general comments/concerns/suggestions, please throw them at me. Other than that, enjoy your joint and a beer tonight on me. Lord knows I will! :darkbeerparrot: :beers: :darkbeerparrot:

4 Likes

I appreciate hearing about the inner workings. I’ve got family that works as a director at a solutions provider designing systems like yours. It’s great to get on top of these operational complications early; leaves a lot of open road ahead to reap the rewards of being an early adopter of tech.

Which type of fulfilment have you had the most consistency/success with over the past 6 months?

1 Like

If your into DWC these might be useful!

Yep at the moment I am totally unconcerned, I have two months of flowering to get this current one out of the tent, then another 3-4 weeks of veg before I need the cloner. If i don’t hear from them I will get with their customer support. Everything is pretty sucky right now. I’ve been waiting three months for seeds from Seedsman, and while they have gotten back with me it has pretty much been a whole bunch of excuses. I am not impressed with Seedsman at all. This will be my third order with them, first two I got, this one I doubt I will ever see. I finally told them I wanted a refund back to my credit card and got zero response. So Monday morning I will call my bank and let them take care of it. I am a legal grower so I have no problems doing so.

I don’t want to, but they put me in that position. The last response from them they basically blamed me for the holdup and suggested that my address was flagged, but since their method according to their website is they send in large batches then disperse the orders out from the US once here, that scenario would be impossible because they also suggested that it was the fault of customs. And seeds are not illegal anyway, but that’s not to say that customs doesn’t confiscate them… Life certainly has changed in the last year. Tracking says it has been sitting in Chicago since the 6th of this month, and this is the second shipment on the same order.

Again thanks a bunch everyone, all the great help is much appreciated.

1 Like

I order a lot of items from them. If it’s out of stock after I placed the order, I have gotten it in 14 to 21 days. They are great in working with you. I currently have 2 outstanding orders with them. Great people and excellent customer service! Plus Arizona and a couple of other states have new legalization laws so that could be an issue because everyone in those states are buying up equipment! Lol!

Seedsman took 42 days to deliver. I like seedsherenow.com now.

2 Likes

Ahhh good point @nacho151 didn’t think about it going legal would impact the supply.

1 Like

I hear ya nacho…I was ok with it till they started hemming and hawing and then started trying to blame me. That’s when I told them to either refund my money or I would do it for them via my bank. That’s when they stopped talking to me. Maybe I’m just not patient enough, but I think 3 months is long enough. I ordered the seeds in August it’s the end of November.

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t do business with Seedman, they ripped me and a family member off. I was talking about Growers House. Growers House is great!

3 Likes

Bookmarked it THANKS!

Yep I got six of those for my cloner.

1 Like

This is true I use to be a mold setter techniction and I quit working for large plastic producing plants wich makes alot of our gears around the us my whole department got fired but me and then I got a raise and promotion I didn’t want and was like what ? I didn’t ask for this places were cutting huge corners risking peoples lives to make fucking plastic sry kiz I love growing but I also like saving a planet and when u seen as much injection molding as I have making the presses run setting up there water writing them up for fixes then I have to fix it w parts from a shittier shop inside the plant kiz they couldn’t find am engineer to save their fucking lives pardon my French going thru a venting moment so please please please everyone appreciate the berry little things like making ur plastic for ur cloners and domes all fan blades , all water buckets , pipets , solo cup, medical gear , Everything we use today in our lives massive corps are buying contracts the put poor peoples lives at danger so yes manufacturing is a bitch be glad ur not in the industry that helps produce good atmosphere and environment wich I’m proud to be a part of and trust me am a ride or die and u always want me on ur team , now we need to start a company that consults the quality of dirt we have then wel start finding new ways new bacteria and living, or decaying to expose that it’s not so hard to have clean air soil and water jus has to be world at and most people are lazy Sept the few

The best type of fulfillment is always fulfilling from your own warehouse. You have ultimate control on what happens and are not reliant on outside parties to live up to your expectations. Only problem is it’s very expensive to fulfill everything out of your own stock/inventory because holding inventory requires a big investment into items, warehouse space, racking, etc…

We have to be judicious about what we carry in house (popular items, fast movers) versus what we choose to order just-in-time (google this term if you’re unfamiliar) or drop ship.

1 Like