What cloner do you old pros use, and why? DWC or spray?

Hey guys, getting ready to buy a cloner, in anticipation of cloning my next crop which will be Planet of the Grapes from seed. Would appreciate any input as to which cloning system you use, and why, and a little general info like how much time to allow the clones to grow while you are flowering your current crop in order to be ready to start the clones when the flowering is done. I am a legal grower, and we are allowed 6 clones, 6 in veg, and 6 in flower. So I don’t need a real big cloner.

Thanks a bunch!

I use a TurboKlone T24 with PermaClone collars. It sprays the cut very nicely. I run it on a 15 minutes on 15 off timer. I usually let them develop a big root mass before putting them in soil. The PermaClone collars are easy to sterilize and are guaranteed for 5 years. I have had 100 % success rate with this setup. I use distilled water and Clonex nutrient solution. You can get it all at Growers House for a reasonable price and they’re having a 15 % off sale right now that might make it more cost effective. I usually leave them in the cloner about 14 days to get the root mass I like.

3 Likes

Cool thanks so much for the input! Any problems with the spray heads getting clogged up?

1 Like

I forgot to mention I use 1 ml UC Root per gallon to keep the nozzles from plugging up.

1 Like

I think @PreyBird1 has a great thread on PermaClone collars.

1 Like

Here is my thread. I permaclone.

thanks for tagging me in @nacho151

2 Likes

Lol! I read everything you post to learn as much as I can!

3 Likes

Wow thanks a bunch @nacho151 . I try and be helpful to all. If i can. Were a big family.

3 Likes

I also use a turbo kloner T24. the built in fan is what i liked the most. The sprayers only clog if the roots get into the pump lol it happens. But they unscrew and you just clean them out. You’re supposed to clean the cloner every cycle or cloning batch. @sssportsmfg

4 Likes

I’m running and EZ clone spray cloning machine and has worked great so far. Acts as sort of a dwc once the roots hits the water

2 Likes

I made my own from Amazon and a hardware store. But I need to get my hands on some permaclone collars. Oh almost forgot it’s a spray style.

3 Likes

I have one i made also. But i got a great price on the turbo kloner i couldn’t say no.

2 Likes

Airoponic is the fastest and easiest way to clone @sssportsmfg. Thats what alot of us use these days. The Perma Clone Collars are by far better than normal neoprene collars also.

Spray cloner. Things to watch for

• leaks in the actual system. They need to be sturdy and able to seal tight. Any leak of spray from the system will dump our your reservoir and have the potential to create issues or mold.

• collars. Need to fit snug inside the system. You want something that has a depression to allow the collar to sit firmly on top and allow them to not fall over with plant inside them.

Also you don’t want to break the collar, use a poker to push out the center and then push the plant thru. Again if there isn’t a tight seal the spray will come out of the system and create issues.

Other then that run the pump 24/7 for a week or so and you’ll have clones in no time.

These guys def know what there doing but depending on what ur space money and skills and time are I still personally use a dome and do all my cloning old skool cheap no robots jus florescent light and a dome will do the job perfectly not if ur churning out crop like donuts than get a cloner ur going to need it but if it’s jus j and ur passion stick w a dome cheaper easy to use and very hard to fuck anything up

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad build budy I would use that cloner

1 Like

I like these domes. The inside foam tray floats. I have 2x 60 cell domes 1x 120 cell dome. And a large 8 cell plug dome.
I use them for sprouting my vegetables and my weed. But they are slow for cloning. The machine is 1 week faster. And i can adjust the temperature and change the rooting speeds. Sometimes 24 clones is way too much.

1 Like

Awesome budy im dont have the space yet to get that much going I wish I jus had a different place w some land not jus a lil patch for my out door I want like a larger growing room and my green house out back

1 Like

Thanks Everyone! I went and bought the TurboKlone T-24 from Growershouse. Got the collars and the humidity dome also. Then went and got the UC root off Amazon, I already had cloning jell and good nutes. Not sure when Im gonna get it, it said in stock so I put my order in then got an email saying that they are so busy blah blah blah…so my take was it wasn’t really in stock they just took my money anyway. But they did have the best price with the sale they had going and I don’t need it for a couple of months anyway.

And again thanks everyone for their input. Cloning is about the only thing I haven’t done to date, other than the one experimental one I just posted about yesterday. And since it didn’t have much in the way of roots after a week I just decided to make my life easy and get a cloner.

3 Likes

Growers house WILL get it done! Its a covid pandemic so they have to let us know.
@NateCannaCribs this guy here is the man. Hey nate :wave: love your store and GN and cannacribs. Bought so much gear here and lights and tent. Then i found this wonderful place!!!
@sssportsmfg these guy/gals at growershouse.com beat up amazon pricing i was like :exploding_head::exploding_head: get an account for more discounts. I had an order issue that wasn’t there fault. But they made my order again and gave me a better price. They matched the price on a light i got a yr ago wow.

2 Likes