Testing by preybird1 - Perma Clone Collars

Wow those are dope as hell. I just made a thread about if you could wash or re-use collars. Awesome timing on the testing for these. Im definitely going to buy some of these after the test anyways. These are awesome!

10 Likes

@PreyBird1 glad you thought they were as cool as I did! I basically do videos about products whenever I see something that I personally find interesting. Good to get feedback that others find it as cool as I did.

A weird side-note, they feel really cool in your hands. I actually put one in my car as a sort of stress-ball/fidget toy. The material is kind of unique.

4 Likes

Nice. I was supposed to get some maybe as a test.but nothing showed up yet

Right on! Yes, I believe there’s a big order coming to re-stock Growers House since they sold out recently due to some large orders. When it arrives I bet they’ll ship them out :wink:

2 Likes

I just got these from you guys the other day. I mean i bought them from your store nate and folks at GH. They look very interesting! Im just finishing up some testing im doing on cloning with grow plugs. And its back to turbo cloning. I have some mothers that are nearing cloning time. I just did 23 tonight!

Here are the 2 types of grow plugs im using. Small and large.

The small ones i just used tonight.

I also tested these small plugs with seedings.

8 Likes

Recieved my perma clone collars THANKS GN!:pray::pray::facepunch:
My testing will Begin on sunday 12-15-19
I will be testing a few aspects of the collars.

1. Ability to resist plant root growing into clone collar (issue with cheap aftermarket ebay/amazon ect. Collars)
  2. How the material type affects pressure on the clone stem. (I have always been curious if pressure affects roots growth speed) may have to use straws.
  3. Sterilization methods
  4. Maybe a little stretch test. Aftermarket ones will rip easy.
    I want to do a side by side test to see if there is bacterial degredation if i were to reuse the old aftermarket collars. but i keep my cloner pretty clean and i dont like that idea. But i have a spare cloner so it’s probably going to happen anyways. We shall see and let the Testing begin!

Initial thoughts: there heavier than i thought. Have an interesting smell, very flexible. :shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face: i already streched one a little!

9 Likes

Ok sorry for the late update. Had to get some other plants moved around becore i could begin.

1. Wash them and steralize them. They were filthy from the cardboard shipping box. (Rinsed and boiled)
  2. Getting ready and stretching to see if they rip.NO RIP!
  3. Keeping them moist helps with inserting them into the cloner unit (there a tight fit)
  4. The slot in the collar. First i though it was odd that the slot was off center. And made no sense. But i soon realized i could rotate the collar so the plants didnt ovelap each other. So thats actually a really good thing!:+1:nice job there.

There very tight fitting. And thicker which also makes it easier to pull the collars out of the cloner. The after market ones would slide to far down if you pushed them all the way down. And were hard to remove.
    So far these are very robust in design much denser and much thicker and the green color is fantastic in the cloner. Now i was going to put some aftermarket ones into the cloner but they were garbage compared to the perma clone collars. And to be honest I could not use them i tried a test fit and they slipped to far into the top recesses. And i already know what the other kinds do because I perma clone and use these all the time

Here are some side by side shots.

So over all so far these are very very high quailty!
    In this test we have going in the cloner.
    8x hash passion clones.
    16x white runts. This is the last white runts clones this mother will be producing as she is chopped up today.

16 shoots off this mother.

8x cuttings from this mother hash passion.
7 Likes

Little update today! All the clones are doing amazing almost zero shock. From the clipping off of the mother plant. I also attribute this to moving fast when cloning. And these amazing collars very sterile to start with. Also if your a perma cloner or wanting to be one. then you should have relized that the cloner needs to set up and running and the collars need to be in the cloner. And the other important 2 steps of the cloner needs to be

1. the water in the cloner is already pre-heated via the heatmat under it. Needs to be 80 degrees minimum.
  2. The cloner is (ON) fan going and pump circulation on.
    Also have an extra clone collar to plug the water flow as you make clones and put them into it.
    So here a quick prep list.
  3. All shoots/clippings must be put into water the second there cut. You May need multiple containers if doing 2 different plants. Try and only use the tops take a glass of water and trimmer/scalpel. I prefer a scalpel and a fresh sterile blade everytime
  4. Set the jar/glass of cuttings next to your prepped sterile area. Make sure you cleaned everything first and steralized. No hairy clothes no dirty anything.
  5. Get set up now clonex gel,gloves, paper towels, scalpel, trimmers, anything you need.
  6. Lay paper towels/parchment paper across the work area. Open the clonex bottle set aside. Cloner is ready and full of nutrients and water and is ready. Take one extra collar to use as a cork. A new sterile one as a plug/cork. Take the permaclone collar out and use the extra collar to plug the running cloner hole to stop the water. And set perma collar next to you. Take a cutting and the sterile scalpel in one hand. In the other hand hold the clone cut the lower shoots and leaves off in a downward motion to the base of the clone. The cut at a 45 degree angle into and through a leaf node or just below it. I like to have only 1 node as it makes the plant tiny and bushy and slower to grow initially. If the stem is bigger and there are 2 nodes or more or it will grow a lot faster. And in my testing more lanky.
  7. The second you make the 45 degree cut you need to put it into clonex gel immediatly. Then grab the trimmers and trim all the leaf tips off. Grab the clone and stir it around in the gel and then grab the collar and stick it into it. Now you have to open the cloner hole the temp collar is in and quickly stick the clone into the cloner before water goes all over. And do this over and over again and be mindful as your putting the collars into the cloner the you keep them rotated so the cuttings do not touch the leaves of each other at all and they do not overlap blocking light to one another .clone.
    As you can also see from the pictures length of the stem doesnt matter as much under the plug. It will root if its a .5" or longer i like 1" or 1.5" play with it a little and see what works for you.
6 Likes

Ok here’s an update! these collars ARE AMAZING! I have run 5 clone batches with regular amazon clone collars. And it takes me 14-17 days to get big roots.
With these collars it has taken 10 days to do THIS!

So far the collars are GREEN GOLD!
These collars are really high end and refined and they deserve compliments and a big high five! over here folks we have a winner!
These are the only way to go if your eco friendly or you want to become eco friendly and like re-using grow materials. Saving the planet is far better than being a cheap ass. These collars have shown me there is a difference in not just quality but eco freindly thinking about grow materials. Over the 5 batches of clones i have spent 1x more than i would have so $10 to date more than i would have if i could have reused them. But iver a 5yr period the saving would me impressive to say the least.
Next test is to take some of the aftermarket clone collars and boil them and see what happens. I need a donor microwave so i can microwave the aftermarket ones and see if they melt in water or harden. I want to microwave 1 of the permaclone collars but i really like them so i think NOT! Just in case. @tax @Packee @scotty17 @hoppiefrog

Also i wanted to thank GN and permaclone for making this test possible and sending me these collars. Im totally thrilled with this amazing product and many many many thanks :pray::pray::pray::+1:
@nick
@Nate
@nick

14 Likes

Here are the roots today!
I had some clones not doing so well in another dome so i swapped out 3 clones. So i could put the 3 clones not doing so well into the turbo cloner to see if i can save them.

11 Likes

Very nice @PreyBird1!

So is it just better quality of the collar itself that makes them grow better or are they designed a little bit different from others? Is it made of a different material then the other “cheaper” collars?

Thanks for testing and allowing us to see your results brother. That’s super helpful!

3 Likes

The material is 2x thicker it’s a really dense type of material. It’s also able to be sterlized many ways. Boiling, autoclave. And more also they carry a 5 yr warranty! That is unheard of! Absolutly amazed with these. There just really nice. Its almost like trying to explain how salt tastes. Once you have one in your hand you understand. Im curious if the material density affects how fast the roots grow due to vibration and noise. The cheap ones are thinner and make much more noise as the sprayers in the cloner spray against the collars and clonner walls making noise that the plant’s dont like.
Plants like a certain type of noise according to this device.

This device makes harmonic frequencies that affects the plants stomas. And effectively dialates them to increase growth speed and vigor and overall plant health and yields. So im just wondering if this is in effect also aiding the swifter growth. No variabke changed. Same cloner. Same nutrients. Same strain. Same mother plants. Same water temps. Same heatmat set ups. Identical to 4 runs?

7 Likes

Interesting! Well if you like them that says a lot. I know how good you are at cloning and how often you do it so I’ll definitely be checking these out brother. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Update here! Running behind on transplanting the clones. Jesus christ these are some BEASTS.

10 Likes

Well guys i pulled the clones from the aerponic cloner and damn there’s huge roots on them.

7 Likes

So anther turbo kloner question to all the experts here. How often should i change my nutrients solution. Is it every week like the hydroponic DWC setup? Or longer. Im thinking it needs a swap.

3 Likes

Recieved my perma clone collars!
My testing will Begin on sunday 12-15-19
I will be testing a few aspects of the collars.

1. Ability to resist plant root growing into clone collar (issue with cheap aftermarket ebay/amazon ect. Collars)
  2. How the material type affects pressure on the clone stem. (I have always been curious if pressure affects roots growth speed) may have to use straws.
  3. Sterilization methods
  4. Maybe a little stretch test. Aftermarket ones will rip easy.
    I want to do a side by side test to see if there is bacterial degredation if i were to reuse the old aftermarket collars. but i keep my cloner pretty clean and i dont like that idea. But i have a spare cloner so it’s probably going to happen anyways. We shall see and let the Testing begin!

Initial thoughts: there heavier than i thought. Have an interesting smell, very flexible. :shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face: i already streched one a little!
9 Likes

Ok sorry for the late update. Had to get some other plants moved around becore i could begin.

1. Wash them and steralize them. They were filthy from the cardboard shipping box. (Rinsed and boiled)
  2. Getting ready and stretching to see if they rip.NO RIP!
  3. Keeping them moist helps with inserting them into the cloner unit (there a tight fit)
  4. The slot in the collar. First i though it was odd that the slot was off center. And made no sense. But i soon realized i could rotate the collar so the plants didnt ovelap each other. So thats actually a really good thing!:+1:nice job there.

There very tight fitting. And thicker which also makes it easier to pull the collars out of the cloner. The after market ones would slide to far down if you pushed them all the way down. And were hard to remove.
    So far these are very robust in design much denser and much thicker and the green color is fantastic in the cloner. Now i was going to put some aftermarket ones into the cloner but they were garbage compared to the perma clone collars. And to be honest I could not use them i tried a test fit and they slipped to far into the top recesses. And i already know what the other kinds do because I perma clone and use these all the time

Here are some side by side shots.

So over all so far these are very very high quailty!
    In this test we have going in the cloner.
    8x hash passion clones.
    16x white runts. This is the last white runts clones this mother will be producing as she is chopped up today.

16 shoots off this mother.

8x cuttings from this mother hash passion.
7 Likes

Looking great brother :facepunch:… I hope those work well for you

5 Likes

Ok here’s an update! these collars ARE AMAZING! I have run 5 clone batches with regular amazon clone collars. And it takes me 14-17 days to get big roots.
With these collars it has taken 10 days to do THIS!

So far the collars are GREEN GOLD!
These collars are really high end and refined and they deserve compliments and a big high five! over here folks we have a winner!
These are the only way to go if your eco friendly or you want to become eco friendly and like re-using grow materials. Saving the planet is far better than being a cheap ass. These collars have shown me there is a difference in not just quality but eco freindly thinking about grow materials. Over the 5 batches of clones i have spent 1x more than i would have. so $10 to date more than i would have if i could have reused them. But over a 5yr period the savings would be impressive to say the least.
Next test is to take some of the aftermarket clone collars and boil them and see what happens. I need a donor microwave so i can microwave the aftermarket ones and see if they melt in water or harden. I want to microwave 1 of the permaclone collars but i really like them so i think NOT! Just in case. @tax @Packee @scotty17

Also i wanted to thank GN and permaclone for making this test possible and sending me these collars. Im totally thrilled with this amazing product and many many many thanks :pray::pray::pray::+1:
@nick
@Nate
@nick

12 Likes