What does root bound look like + overwatering

Hi guys
Wondering what root bound looks like + overwatering with indoor setups and what you’d do about these problems

2 Likes

Root bound …too little space for roots to grow so they bind themselves to the space they have to grow… Over watering leaves will begin to droop :wink:

What would the stems look like?

2 Likes

Falling over too… Too much water equals heavy saturated stems which feed the leaves the nutrients and water it needs but you need to control the intake

1 Like

Ok what would a yellowy brown stem be from?

2 Likes

Maybe stress or something like nute burn… I’m not sure of the exact feed you’re doing hard to say sometimes

1 Like

Yeh it hasn’t got nut burn I don’t think but leaves look funny people say it from the light but it can’t because it’s all over the plant

2 Likes

It was by far my best plant and then when I turned them it didn’t really grow as quick as others did and started to look tike that stems a bit brownie yellow but up close it kinda got a red tinge to it? And this stem colouring is only say 12” from top of plant give or take

2 Likes

Redish stems are Normal… But edges of leaves are pointing up maybe to much nitrogen but then again just what I think… I don’t know to much about pests if that may be it

1 Like

This is what it looks like

2 Likes

Whats your ph going in what are you using for soil

3 Likes

Looks to me like whacky ph when i had excess nitrogen on an outdoor plant last year it got dark green and every leaf tip pointed down can you post a closeup of the stem is it slimy to the touch at all?

2 Likes

I’m using coco, ph going in is 6.0-6.2
Stems not slimy to touch though and the girls are in bed atm lol

2 Likes

True brotha but I’ve seen pointy tips in beginning then all tips yellowed then the went down ward… Maybe early signs so hard to tell if your not there

1 Like

2 Likes

@deusoboy420 you may be correct about pH… Coco is about 5.8 pH but then again @fresh31 it’s not bad

Yeh problem is the cameras not doing justice it’s worse then that I’ll try and get better pic give me 1min

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeh that’s about the best I can do at this point, but to me something’s not right I’m getting nutrients buildup in pots which is driving me mad, I flushed with water last night brand EC down from 2.4-2.6 down to 1.2-1.4 and gave it a feed of this stress relief nutrient I have you may of heard about it aloevate it’s a bio diesel product it’s apparently meant to help break down old roots and help nutrient uptake

2 Likes

I did set ph to 5.8 in veg cycle and was told to up the ph to 6.2 due to the nutrient range for flowering

2 Likes