What else do you grow in your garden?

I’ve grown vegetables and a few types of fruits since I was a kid. My grandpap had a pretty big garden in the field out back and had me help him and taught me when I was really young and instilled a Lifelong love of gardening in me that I still have today.
In my opinion there’s nothing more relaxing than smoking a nice joint and working in the garden. It’s almost like a religious experience or something if you ask me.

5 Likes

Yes yes and yes you get it. I love my garden there are no people there. Its quite serene and calming. Im working on a japanese style tea house in the corner. Then im going to deck a walkway around the whole yard and access ramps down into the yard a different points so when my ass is old i can drive my wheelchair out to the garden and all around the yard. And i got the garage where i can drive a wheelchair into it and into the bottom of the house because i hate stairs. When my dad was old he could not go downstairs in his house. I dont want that for me. Im planning for the future not today. I run around thinking about tomorrow. I also grew up gardening as a poor child of poor parents and 6 brothers we jad homemade everything. My mom was a seamstress she taught me needlepoint, crochet, patterns,sewing machines and surgers sewing machine. I was a dental chair upholsterer for years. I was an eagle scout i have all the merit badges and palms. I was so poor we had to make it or grow it! We did not go to the store. We did not go to 7eleven. I was taught everything my parents could show me and her bothers and family.

My merit badge sash!

16 Likes

Every summer I keep a garden in the backyard. Year round, I keep a few citrus trees, a lime, a lemon, a grapefruit also have a pomegranate, mulberry, blueberry Barbados cherry… and I’m a day and half away from a small-scale microgreens op.

2 Likes

I am glad you asked Chris, I have been growing veggies over 30 years so with that said I will give you a few of the easy setup and start home based system you can do in your house.

Method # 1

Method # 2

Method # 3 a really good one anyone can do.

8 Likes

You are the master and all set, nothing can stop a man with unlimited food lol.

8 Likes

23 Likes

Howdy all!
Yes, I grow lots-
Avocado, mango (not fruited yet), cashew (not fruited yet), Peach, pineapple, tomato, various herbs, Moringa, orange, Barbados cherry, guava, pomegranate, coconut, papaya…

A lot of these trees are dwindling however…

I also tried vanilla but was not able to propagate the vine, think it was dead when I received it…

I have been composting now to help the soil come back to life as it’s starting to look lifeless…

Any ideas for some more things? I can grow anything here!

Thanks !
Jah bless

9 Likes

Nice forest you have there.

5 Likes

I am in the process of building raised beds. We have one built and need to fill in the others. I have onions radishes, cabbage, carrots and peas. Planted. We plan on a green house by fall.
Scheduled to plant soon are g beans tomatoes, squash and many more. We have a chicken and getting more. I really want to buy a RR car and bury it. Great storage and storm shelter.
I’ve always grown veggies and herbs but now I get more help. Lol(hmmm?). I follow the farmers almanac moon signs to plant and much more.
It has rained quite a lot as you can see.

As u can see it primitive an we use what we have.
It was much larger about 5 yrs ago. I’ve had surgeries on neck wrists and knees. Remnant of a car wreck 39yrs ago. Then the last r yrs I’ve taken my mom and mother in law into our home and cared for them full time. Mom had Dementia and Mary had Alzheimer(?). S p now get to g past the depression and starting over in the garden.
Sorry didn’t mean for this to be so long.

14 Likes

I just got my spring crop planted 2 weeks ago. Been fighting with the dogs to keep them out. They love green leafs and veggies. Roscoe is smirking knowing what I’m taking about. This is my first vegetable crop. I’m new to growing so it’s all a learning experience for me. I have sweet corn, few different tomatoes, red and green bells, jalapeño, Serrano, couple different strawberries and sugar baby watermelon. Gonna get a potato box going soon.

14 Likes

Hi @fifth
I just want to find out what you ar referring to here. What is a RR car?
Are you referring to engine location, like on a Beetle ?

6 Likes

I can really learn a lot from you! :+1: Why didn’t I think of germinating my corn in a paper towel?? I would have had better success then popping them in jiffy pellets right off the bat.

7 Likes

Yes they sprout like weed seeds do. Then i plant each of them.

6 Likes

Hi @nick, hi everyone:

Some photos of what I produce in my plot of land (besides marihuana, of course):
Capulí (Prunus salicifolia), 2 trees.
Peaches (Prunis persica), 5 trees, two different strains.
Claudia (Prunus domestica), two strains.
Tomate de árbol (Solanum betaceum), lot of it.
Uvilla (Physalis peruviana), couple of bushes.
Grapetree (Morus alba), a big one.
Avocado, two tangerines, rhubarb, spinach, kahle, tyme, rosemary, mint, peppermint, oregano, basil, tomato, peppers…

Some photos in my twitter page:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23slowfood%20from%3Apaulcoyote&src=typed_query

I’ve seen your gardens, they are amazing!

Greetings from Ecuador,

10 Likes

Wow so your a chef also? Nice work lol

7 Likes

Mannn my pups got the rest of my corn this morning… I guess I gotta go get more seeds and more chicken wire. Atleast I can make a bigger corn crop this time. I thought my first round was kinda puny and I’d only get like a dozen ears.

7 Likes

Damn that sucks. Remember paper towels. Only takes a couple days. Dont forget the heat mats.

7 Likes

Check! Soaked over night and I’ll get them in towels this morning. I never knew there where so many different varieties of sweet corn. I have a decorative corn in there too for turkey day and pop corn lol

8 Likes

There are many hybrids also p1 + p2 =hybrid super delicious i have 5 corn hybrids i keep growing there so sweet i just love them.
Edit: i practice thinning also. I put 2-3 seeds per spot. And when they sprout take the weak ones out. Either by pulling them out which i dont recommend. Or by snipping the plant to off and leaving the root alone so it does not disturb the root on corn plant your keeping.

7 Likes

Rail road box car.

6 Likes