What is the most relaible lab to make analysis of cannabinoids?

Hello everyone, I’m quite new on this forum. Thank you to all of you I keep learning every day.

Is the first time I write on the forum and is because I have an important question. I represent a company that produce high-CBD clones in Spain for the EU market. We are developing new varietys with hich CBD % and values of less than 0,2% of THC.

We make our analytics with a lab that has the proper ISO and use HPLC-DAD method to test the cannabinoids on the flowers. The problem is that we are finding some of our clients do the tests in different labs with different methodology and in every different lab we obtain different results.

Do you know any reliable lab on the USA or Europe that work 100% under good protocols? We are hoping to have some day a standarisation around the world so this problems won’t happen again.

Until then hope somebody can help out.

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Inviting @LabOwner and @LabEmployees to jump in.

1 Like

For California licensees, I would recommend SC labs, CW Analytical, and Anresco Laboratories.

When you start to get enough tests done, you’ll start to get an idea of who averages higher and lower potencies in their results. If you aren’t pressuring them to manipulate results, and have no knowledge of them manipulating the results, then from what I see that doesn’t make it unethical to go with the lab that on average gives you the highest numbers.

But keep in mind that distributors or buyers also know who averages the lower numbers, too. This sometimes results in two people comparing their tests results, and ending up having to agree somewhere in the middle.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Really aprreciate the information. Hope the industry is ready to make an standarization of the process so this kind of discussions between sellers and buyers won’t happen again.

Have you listened about Proverde labs? I heard that many people use this lab when they can not reach an agreement on the results.

3 Likes

Hi, Dani!

Welcome to the forum. Your CBD clones sound fantastic.

Our account is for AgriScience Labs, a Colorado-based cannabis and hemp testing laboratory. As far as we know, we were the first licensed lab in the world that is still testing, and we’ve become an industry leader during that time due to our reliability, accuracy, helpfulness, and customer service.

Fortunately, Colorado testing labs are strictly regulated, must be ISO-certified, and are governed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED).

Unfortunately, Colorado labs can’t work with any out-of-state testing partners due to these regulations.

But here are a few other ways to find reliable labs:

1. Emerald Awards is an Inter-Laboratory Comparison and Proficiency Test program for cannabis testing labs. We got 7 badges this round!
  2. You can find lists of ISO-certified cannabis testing labs at these sites based on their accreditation service: PJLA (our choice) and A2LA. Just type “cannabis” as a keyword.
  3. It couldn’t hurt to browse /r/marijuanalabs for relevant news articles or recommendations.

Good luck, and we hope that you locate a great testing lab with whom you can partner!

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Another good hurdle for the industry to overcome, which it will, in time.

2 Likes