What is your favourite grow medium and why?

Alright everyone hope you’re all doing well today.

So what’s your favourite grow medium and why?

Or is hydrophobic growing better?

What would you use to start your seeds from?

2 Likes

I used a seed starter greenhouse. Put a shot of water on each puck and sat it on my register by window. Worked perfect. When they started growing to big fit greenhouse I put them into solo cups. It’s my first grow and I shouldn’t have used fox farm ocean forest as a medium. (To hot)
They are still growing decent but my next grow will be starting seeds in 2 clear solo cups to mimic a greenhouse and Ill be able to monitor root system.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thanks fella

2 Likes

I’m a soil guy…more forgiving in my eyes. I know hydro guys have it down pat but for outsiders it looks too easy to lose an entire harvest. But you know honestly all these years on forums I’ve never heard of that happening??? WOW . Never thought about that! Anyways I start of in ff happy Frog. I will then go to ocean sometimes cut with some of my own compost after first up potting. So in synopsis - $oil for me!

6 Likes

Like @LoCoRocK , I rate soil over anything else due to the range of forgiveness in the medium. i think if you can master coir or clay pellets using hydroponics you will have a faster, better yield though.

Clones I prefer using rockwool as I find it cleaner and easier to use than soil.

4 Likes

Thanks again everyone

1 Like

I follow advice from Dr Bruce Bugbee. I follow his recommended medium of 50% peat and 50% vermiculite. Very light, easy to know if watering is needed.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. I’ve just found his videos I’ll definitely watch them all.

1 Like

Even though I used to smoke weed sometimes, I don’t grow marijuana at home. First, it would take a lot of time, but second, I just don’t need it. Well, I must confess that I take CBD oil pretty often, but I can’t make CBD oil in home conditions. Also, my doctor said that I must take only safe and high-quality products. This is why he recommended checking this site dailymarijuana.co, in order to buy CBD. He said that this is the only marijuana provider he trusts. Now, I buy CBD oil only from them, and I had never any objections to its quality.

2 Likes

for me, hands down it’s Canna Coco Coir. I’ve done soil and as a noob i overfed and killed a few plants. Yes, I was an over-zealous noob and an idiot. Not a noob any longer but still kind of an idiot. If you overdo it in soil, it’s a bit difficul to fix. With coco, if you get salt build up or the ph is off, all you do is flush the pot and re-feed with the corrected amounts. you can flush the pot down to ZERO ppm with coco. Also very forgiving since your plants won’t die in a day like hydro.

3 Likes