What is your least favorite job in the growing process?

I am interested to know what could be improved in the growing process. What makes you sore and tired? What do you find to be inefficient, or could be done in a better way? Thoughts and comments welcome, thank you!

4 Likes

Defoliation for sure.

5 Likes

Trimming. Oh how I hate trimming.

8 Likes

What would make the trimming experience more comfortable or enjoyable in your opinion?

5 Likes

waiting!

Seriously, I am a small hobby grower so all the tasks are manageable and a pleasure really. Trimming gets tiresome but that’s such a 1st world problem! (aka managing our abundance).
So, better trimming tools would be nice.

4 Likes

Help is coming! Kultiva is developing a new trimming scissor that is much more comfortable and efficient, if you go to www.kultivagrow.com you can sign up for a notification when it’s available this spring/early summer!

1 Like

Dumping pots and sanitizing with a backpack sprayer.

4 Likes

yeah, that’s it! I’m changing my answer… @fist-ninja nailed it. definitely clean up and sanitizing between runs.

3 Likes

Do you use fabric pots? Which type do you like?

2 Likes

Heres my list.

1. Resanatize and reset
  2. Trimming
  3. Defoliating
  4. Disposal of old media and plant waste stems leaves.

But making seeds and removing the seeds after production is a real bear! Deseeding a bag a weed in the 1990s is one thing but try deseeding many many strains and lbs of seeded flower omg seriously sucks!

7 Likes

As above. We just been moving loads and loads of soil, what a big waste of energy, while is lifting pot after pot I was thinking, maybe hydroponic systems could be easier and less stress on the old body.

4 Likes

I like and use fabric pots but recently been looking at air pots a lot. The prices on grow gear are ridiculous though.

2 Likes

This is the new EZ-Lift fabric pot…it’s a prototype actually. They will be available this Spring from Kultivagrow.com I designed this to ease the back strain endured by lifting double-handled pots, protecting you from a debilitating injury. It also gives you the ability to carry two at a time, not have the plant in your face, etc. What do you think?

2 Likes

I would have to grow in it to have a proper opinion. Looks very interesting though. :thinking: My biggest problem with fabric pots is too many roots grow into them making cleanup really labor intensive.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.
This bag has a feature that will help with the root cleanup that you mentioned. On the inside of the bag, a water-resistant layer is sewn in, leaving only the bottom 1/4 as exposed fabric where the roots expose themselves. The material is similar to TYVEK. This is aimed mainly at water retention but also helps with structure and to keep them easily-reusable for many grows. Hope this helps, I look forward to hearing your continued thoughts!

1 Like

Trimming, by far!

2 Likes