What kind of deficiency is this? Or maybe not?

Hi! I couldn’t find this kind of deficiency on the Internet. Please have a look at the tips of the leaves. Almost all the leaves got tips like this. At first, it looked as if it’s nutrient burn, but as I took closer look, the color of the tip seemed to be different from what it looks like during nutrient burn. Maybe anybody knows what it is?

2 Likes

Is it only in the top leaves of your plants with no curling? Could be a sign of light stress, how close do u have em and how many hours a day are u running em?

3 Likes

Here’s a cut and paste of a lil thing about light burn, seems most fitting

Plants can get light burn (sort of like a sunburn) even if the temperature is completely under control. The symptoms are usually concentrated close to the grow lights.

A lot of growers don’t realize that light stress (lights being too close) can cause yellow tips. This symptom is often mistaken for nutrient burn. You can tell the difference because the yellow tips on appear on leaves close to the light. With nutrient burn, the tips are usually brown and appear all over the plant.

4 Likes

It’s about 14-15 inches between the plant and the light. Some lower leaves also have it, I will hang the light higher though.

The plant was getting 20/4 in early stages. Now it has been 18/6 until yesterday. Yesterday I switched to 12/12 because it’s already 3 months in vegetation, think it’s time to start flowering.

2 Likes

I’ve had grows in the past that have had that and no bad effects from it, as long as it doesn’t get worse spreading to more of the leaves I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Lights I like to have 16-18 inches above plants and a good place for led. If your leaves were curling or looking sick I think that would be the cause for concern. Now that ur flipping to flower I hope u are giving them a bloom booster of some sort

2 Likes

I’ve got a set of Vegamatrix. So I will give the plant everything. By the way, is it okay when the plant this size has almost no smell? Like very subtle.

1 Like

They won’t smell till flowering, your leaves look very droopy, how often are u watering?

1 Like

I water them almost every day. But because the grow tent is on the balcony, and there’s heat and the sun most of the time. Maybe I should give them more water? At a time I give the bigger plant about 1 liters. As of now, the soil has been moister for 2 days, I wasn’t sure if I should still water the plant :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ur watering too often, plant is drowning, roots need oxygen, 2-3 days minimum between watering is where u should be. There’s no shame in buying a 20 dollar soil moisture tester but that’s why I asked, they look overwatered and can lead to a fungus gnat issue

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I will take it into consideration.
Sometimes the plant is looking up to the light like on this pic, and I thought it likes a lot of water as a compensation for heat outside the box. I will take a break now.

2 Likes

Nice and perked up like that is exactly what u want! Now that pic, those look super healthy and happy!

3 Likes

:+1: Appreciate your time

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network Family. We are very glad you are here with us now. You couldn’t come at a better time than now! Lol. The community will help you out, if you so desire any assistance.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

2 Likes