What size lights are best for 48x48 grow tent

what size lights are optimal for 48x48x80 grow tent and what are the best carbon filter and incline fan

3 Likes

well it depends do you want to go led or hps

1 Like

1000watts with a dimmer that can go down to 600 and up to 1050 if your running MH veg or HPS. Most 2nd gen led boards i would run 2 lights. Because 1 typically covers a 3x3 flower area. I have t5,hps,mh,led and quantum boards. I dont have plasma or cmh.

1 Like

Led lights

My overkill wishlist would be as follows:

Grower’s Choice+TSL LED ROI-E420 Horticulture Lighting Fixture - 420W | direct from Growers House

3 Likes

@bigboy37. Here’s a viable option.

It will cover a 4x4 for flowering and 5x5 for veg.

1 Like

Using 4 qb288 boards from HLG, using a 240w driver. Plenty of even light for 4’x4’.

2 Likes

I’m trying out the Mars Hydro Cree Cob, it covers a 2.5x2.5 area with little to no heat at all.

3 Likes

Well a 1000 watt light I believe runs a 6x6 ft area

2 Likes

Hey whats up man? How are you and the fam. Yeah 1000w is a bit much in a 4x4. Lol ask me how i know?

2 Likes

For a 2.5 x 2.5 ft area than you’d probably want A 200w to 400w. I’d go with a 200w just to make sure.

@chrisj @bigboy37 I recently stopped using carbon filters they are expensive and dont work very well or long. I have had 4 filters at 1 time. And a some very smelly plants. I only use ozone generators now. There amazing and work instantly. Flip a switch and you dank smelly weed. Flip it agin and no weed smell whatsoever. Incredible i cant believe how much money i wasted with filters. And time rebuild and refilling them. There super light and very economical to operate. Now i keep the old filters on the ends to keep dust out of my ozone generators bulbs. A prefilter and then the carbon filter for fine dust. The smells from my house used to scare the F outta me. Now with ozone gens stress is way way way down. Amazing!
https://www.bghydro.com/big-blue-ozone-generator-6.html
But they have suspended online orders to fullfill pending orders. Because of the virus and cut labor.

1 Like

I run 3) 4x4 tents. I like quantum led boards. And Mh-grow, HPS-bloom at 1000watts with a dimmer. Because if you buy a 400watt ballast you cant go higher. But you can dim it down to 600w or up to 1050w. If you can afford it look at cmh or double ended cmh.

Aslo do you have only that one tent? If so conside a full grow cycle light.

1 Like

How many plants would you suggest throwing under one of these?

1 Like

you never hear a guy say “man that 1000 watt hps didn’t put out shit…”! You’ll get opinions on all different led lights but that’s something never heard bout hps…

1 Like

Hps is cheap also. I like led better. Its not so hot. Hps works well. And get a dimmable one. I have a 1000 watt hps next to my led. Because i had a driver die all of a sudden. Another thing is the Hps is BIG. Takes space unless you get an open wing reflector. But hps has serious red spec in it. Its a classic go to bloom light.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 with the ozone generators do you use them in the tent ?

2 Likes

No ozonated air must be vented outside. So exhaust fan sucks air out of the tent then its passes through the ozone generator then blown outside.

2 Likes

ah i see thanks for that

1 Like