What to do with all that trim?

Saw that too. I prefer the dry ice method.

9 Likes

It’s quick and simple to do if you have access to dry ice. Luckily I do :smiley:

9 Likes

You saw the next episode. Previous used dry ice and Bubble Magic.

6 Likes

Dry ice with fresh trim and smalls makes the nicest hash,

7 Likes

I have a Humboldt Bag washer… 5 gallon… it will not take dry ice as it would go brittle with the extreme cold… I use dry ice in the closed loop dewax column and to chase the butane back and forth no problem…

3 Likes

I have the Bubble Magic washer/bag kit in my shopping cart. Unless you all have a good recommendation on a different brand?
Trying to keep it under $300.

3 Likes

I also saw some kief tumblers and vibration screens/collectors. Anybody ever use them? Are they worth the money? The vibration thingy looks interesting, but the big ol kief tumblers seem like overkill for a small grower.

3 Likes

Polinator is great and it’s inclosed I swept up over a Oz of keif off the floor behind my tv when I moved ( I grew there for 9 yrs and did my sift in the same spot ) never knew how much I was loosing till I got the polinator .they are built well . Be careful not to get a knock off tho I got one yrs ago didn’t last a crop:(

2 Likes

Hmm… there are a bunch of different dry sift machines out there - most are priced just a bit higher than I think they should be for a home grower - I guess $300 for the 150g ones isn’t too steep an investment… but I did find one with a steel filter for $115… need to see if I can find some reviews of it.

4 Likes

It may be the mini one made in France if so it won’t last either( if u can’t see the cord in the pic and the bin is clear it’s junk ( I still have the drum from one it’s stainless if u want to make one I’ll send it to ya if u pay shipping it don’t weigh much I kept it so I could build one that works lol.i think I’ve burnt out 5-6 different models b4 I found the pollinator .there may be better ones out there now but I’d be weary

4 Likes

I have the Boldt bag 5 gal machine… and I love it… I also have Boldt bag 8 bag kit…makes the best hash you could imagine when combined…

3 Likes

And the king of all kings is Bubble Now… but good luck finding one and 99% of them are knock offs as stated… but sorry just seen the under $300 comment… Boldt bags cost me $350 and the machine cost me $500

3 Likes

I had one of those machines it worked for sure I think I got mine for 350 tho. The club has a great shop here he operates on a 25% profit margin (he has volunteers run the place most days) I only pay 28$ for a bail of soil!! Normally gos for 40 here

3 Likes

Well, $350 isn’t too far over budget. :grinning:

3 Likes

Look up thegrowopshop.com they can order anything you want and I’m sure they ship to Alaska. They are a local compassion club that owns a bunch of businesses as well smart ppl;) super cheap .when they opened all the east coast hydro stores had to adjust their prices. Bikers kept robbing the store they didn’t like the competition at all.

4 Likes

Oh, I have places that I already order from that ship to me for free. Thank you for sharing that link, though. I’m sure others will find it useful.

2 Likes