What was your very 'first book you read about Cannabis

For me, it was “Mountain Girl - The Primo Plant” I pick up the book in 1978

3 Likes

Growing Elite Marijuana by Ryan Riley

3 Likes

What was great about Growing Elite Marijuana? Do you recommend this to other growers?

2 Likes

@Growernick its, not a bad book especially for a beginner( which I was at the time). Its an ebook that gives links to safe sites to get seeds, it tells how to grow indoor or outdoor from seed to smoke small to large scale grows… I read it about 10 years ago and the only con that sticks out is it didn’t speak highly of LED lights, which is understandable because back then LED was super new to the scene.

1 Like

My first writer on this topic was Gregory Irving, quite entertaining books, I tell you.

2 Likes

Rosenthal, McCormick, DJ Short, Cervantes, Mel Franks, Lister Grinspoon, Robert Clarke, and Martin Booth were some of the authors that spring to mind from my early days of growing. I’m sure there are a few (many?) more that I am missing.

Also worth mentioning are books on psychedelics and exploring consciousness: I absolutely devour anything by Aldous Huxley, Oscar Janiger, Charles Grob, Ram Dass and Stranislav Grof

I hav not read Mountain Girl, but I will certainly be on the lookout for it now! What are some of your other favorite weed reads, @doggie1955?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t really call it a book but, "High Times" magazine in 11th grade during a Civics class. My teacher took it away from me and I never got it back… What…Hey wait a minute!!!

giphy%20(1)

3 Likes

Back in the 80’s it was;
Marijuana Grower’s Handbook - by Ed Rosenthal
Marijuana Horticulture - by Jorge Cervantes
Indoor Marijuana Horticulture - by Jorge Cervantes

But right now I have been doing a lot of reading on a paper that was send to me, from one Professor from Florida on Quantum Biology.

4 Likes

Some great ones already named, and a book that had a profound impact on my thinking about canna was The Botony of Desire, by M. Pollan, specifically his chapter on marijuana.
A friend gave me a book called “It’s Just A Plant” which is presented like a children’s book. Really great.
… and don’t forget Greg Green’s books!

2 Likes

I knew I forgont some! Great book and an awesome recommendation, @Herbert_Ashe! Everyone should read this book!

2 Likes