What's happening with my plants?

Hello, I’m seeking assistance in identifying the source of my plants’ issues and any suggested solutions. The grow is hydroponic, pH around 5.8, light schedule is 18/6, with 2 fans, and the plants are in the beginning o flowering stage. From the beginning of the grow, besides basic nutrients, they have been receiving CalMag. The problem started with spot discolorations on the leaves (light spots), but I’ve noticed it’s getting worse. The spots are getting larger, leaves are curling and browning at the edges. Leaves haven’t been sprayed with water or solution. Additionally, bugs have appeared, which I also show in the photo. I thought it might be a magnesium and/or calcium deficiency, but they have been getting CalMag from the start. Another suspicion was a zinc or molybdenum deficiency. However, I’m increasingly thinking the issue might be due to the bugs. I have a yellow sticky trap for insects, but there’s nothing on it.

7 Likes

Bud, you have spider mites. There are lots of ways to combat them.

Tell us a bit about your growing method and we will see what could work for you.

6 Likes

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

5 Likes

Yep I agree, as soon as I saw that leaf, and before I even read your text that said you had discovered bugs, my brain said spider mites. LOTS of different organic foliar sprays out there for your problem. I have never had them so I have no hands on as to which is good and bad. I’m sure that a bunch of the guys here can steer you to the best product. But one thing I know is DO NOT DELAY in treating them, they breed FAST.

Marty

7 Likes

Also, before you spray anything, give em a good shower first. Like, literally. And go with the shower head underneath the leaves if you can. Running water flushes a lot of mites away.
And good luck. Thoughts and prayers are with you @hbnrmz. :rofl: These mites are the worst. :skull:

7 Likes

Thank you for attention

Seedbank: don’t know
Strain (bagseed too): mostly amnesia, few ctriciall mass, gelato fast and ak-47
Indoor, outdoor: indoor
Tent, Room Size: room 4m2
Lighting: LED
Light height: 30-40 cm from the tops of the plants to the lamps, 105 cm from the top of the pot to the lamps.
Temps (day and night): about 24 celsius degrees
Relative Humidity (day and night) : grow about 73%, bloom about 60%
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : 2 computers fan
Ventilation: there is
Pot sizes:
each plant is in a separate round container with holes filled with expanded clay aggregate with a capacity of about 1 liter
Soil, Coco, or Dwc: none; flood and drain
Nutrient type: advanced nutrients pH Perfect: bloom, grow and micro
Ph numbers: about 5,8
Ec and PPM: about 1500 EC
Water Temps: about 20 celsius degrees
Co2: -
Seed germination date: -
Veg duration: -
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): watering with nutrients every 3 hours

5 Likes

Damn man! How bad do you want to keep that plant? Those mite are winning so far. Mites are an apex pest. Meaning there one of the hardest bugs to kill. They infest your grow and if you have any more plants in that area they have mites also. They are very hard to see them im suprised your mites are that big really. I have fought mites 6 time and won 4 times! Im sorry you have mites and sometime it’s just easier to start over trash the plants and clean all the equipment and areas. Mites are hard to kill and usually it takes 2 different types of organic bug sprays to kill them off. Because mites become immune to the sprays and you need to alternate them every 3 days or so.

6 Likes

Yep, spider mites. You are going to have to continue to manage these all the way through the grow. You really don’t want to use anything to kill them that will do it one and done. That is if you want to ingest your flower. I fight spider mites every year outdoor. Big time. I live in the middle of an almond orchard, so they are part of life. The best product that I have found to manage them all the way through flower is purecrop1.

5 Likes

Are you from the Netherlands? Or West-Europe by extension?

2 Likes

central Europe

3 Likes

The strains gave Europe away :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like