Whats the best way to clean and sanitize a grow tent

What is the best way to clean a grow tent? And are there cleaners that are safe? Any advise is welcomed. I will be harvesting pretty soon and i need to clean up the tent some more before i put new plants in. I do also foiler feedings with a seaweed mist

2 Likes

Pesticide and bleach and a good vacuum…

2 Likes

Would the bleach also act as a pesticide? Do you have to use both?

1 Like

I do because in my mind more is better…lol… I had to clean mine because something kept killing my plants so I sprayed Avid and bleach every 3 days for 3 weeks and no issues since… I won’t waste 3 weeks by changing what I do next time so both gets done…

2 Likes

Below is a link to a document that has nearly every disease and pest that could affect cannabis. 1021 pages of light reading, haha. Check out some of the Chemical Controls and Cultural Practices for different crops and see what you might be able to use in your own grow. @Ladithief for powdery mildew in greenhouse cucumbers, having 3 weeks between harvest and re-plant is one measure to minimize the spore count. Page 439 has some more details.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zv5jH5gsYSSFZseHHaknL68mMUTZ1hjR

4 Likes

Has anyone here tried prokure?? I have read about it and been recommended it by a free ppl was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it

1 Like

After my bout with pm I used antibacterial soap bleach/water and 3% hydrogen peroxide then lysol wipes everything hahaha I wanted to make SURE it was clean

3 Likes

Lysol wipes to clean, then a peroxide/h2o wash to remove the lysol and kill anything else that might be lurking.

3 Likes

I like to use Star San in a spray bottle. It’s safe to spray on surfaces and leave on to dry.

2 Likes

That’s more like what I’ve been looking for something I can spray on and let dry

1 Like

I’ve used it in home brewed beer and wine. It’s great. Mix the solution, swirl it in the bottles and pour it out before you fill the bottle. There’s always a bit of Star San left in the bottle, but it’s totally safe to drink and does not change the flavor. Great stuff.

1 Like

Turn it indide-out, put it in a washing machine on hot, pour in a bottle of lysol liquid and wash on gentle cycle.

Used to use sodium triphosphate this way in the 80"s to sterilize bottles before putting beer in them…

You can use a diluted bleach or peroxide solution to clean all the surfaces, and then if your budget allows for it run one of these ProKure G packs in between harvests, with your fan running to get everything disinfected: