What's the issue with this plant?

Well I guess I’m confused how this would be a random posting when placing this in the sick plants section obviously with a serious plant issue going on, most certainly a purpose to it and goal was accomplished reaching out to the community of brainstorming some possible solutions to my problem. Helps the community too cuz now I can report back if the suggested fixes made any impact or what steps corrected the issue, how is that not beneficial? I’ve grown for many years and have not seen this before and I’m sure can easily happen to other experienced growers too so here’s an opportunity they may also be able to learn from my experience

I’d pull back on the compost tea for a bit. Just generous amounts of water every three days. Not all plants respond well to the added nutrients. The soil should generally have what it needs. If you see a change in the plant development after using just water for two to three feedings, when you go back to compost tea, use a fourth of what is recommended. When it comes to plant nutrients, adding too little is better than adding more than is needed. Besides that, the compost tea should have been the catalyst to the development of a mycelia network that should successfully manage the distribution of water and nutrients throughout the root system. Faith in doing less is a worthwhile work when it comes to cultivating cannabis or just about anything.

2 Likes

By the way, your plants are a happy looking bunch :+1:t5:

2 Likes

And stop digging into your soil. Lol… Sorry, but the plants real home is in that soil. What if someone came into your home and started tossing shit over and straight trashing the place?! That’s what it is like when we go poking and moving the soil around. At the side they are in general, I’d prune a little and start some low stress training. But you’d really be doing your plants a huge solid if you didn’t disturb the soil. That is the plants real environment.

2 Likes

Well my compost tea feedings are usually every 2 weeks when the recipe suggests 10 days so def always been pulled back a lil in that department. I think it was just the volume I pour in the soil this time just over doing it

Haha your def right and usually I don’t and if I ABSOLUTELY have to I’m gonna check the outer edge out of the root zone haha only did on this occasion since others had concerns of underwatering and wanted them to visibly see, hey there’s plenty of moisture under the top layer haha
These plants I plan on vegging till new years and expect 4-6ft plants by then and will eventually end up in a 12 x 16 foot greenhouse so although I look like I have space constraints I really don’t, plants will be topped at 2 and a half months old then will spend a month Fimming and bushing the plants out making the final cuts 2 weeks before flipping to flower
Currently have 14 plants in my greenhouse from veg indoors all summer IMG_20210906_145008
Here a good pic of my better 8 of em

1 Like