When do you start counting the flower period?

Is it when you switch to 12/12? Or when flowers start to appear? Reason I’m asking is because Advanced Nutes suggest giving bud ignitor for the first two weeks of flower, as I am in week two (ends next Sunday) then this is when I should stop giving it BI…?

3 Likes

I always start counting flower when there is very noticeable flowering going on.

5 Likes

There is a AMA going on right now where you can ask

4 Likes

I start counting when I see the white pistols. I also start feeding with the BI at that time and for 3 weeks. I am skipping the big bud as my plants don’t seem to like that. Then if I have a plant that should flower in say, 8 weeks. I start the Over Drive at week 6. I am in coco and don’t do a flush. So that should be taken in consideration.

6 Likes

Missed it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you did. @not2sureyet uses AN products his reply is above. I hope this helps to answer your question.

3 Likes

I missed it too but and slowly reading through it, :grin:

1 Like

As soon as I go from 18 on 6 off veg to 12 on 12 off first day of 12/12 is when I start counting a week one, But I feed veg nutrient regimen for the first two weeks of flower

3 Likes

Flowering is a soon as you start the flowering process (12/12, 11/13 light schedule). That same day hormones distribute around the plant and start the flowering process.

4 Likes

Sorry forgot to mention you could go 11/13 DJ short style Lol

2 Likes

We had this same debate in the lab. I have some personal contact with the “king of cannabis” so I shot him a quick text and this was his response to me.

Hope this helps

10 Likes

Makes sense

3 Likes

Ok I’ve very recently read about another technique for counting day one of flower. The 3 techniques I have heard for determining day one of flower are as follows.
Method 1.) Day 1 of 12/12 is day 1 of flower. Method 2.) First pistills are day 1 of flower.
Method 3.) 12 hrs light for 1-3 weeks before they enter flowering phase.

I am wondering what methods everyone uses for determining Day 1 of Flower in photo period cultivars? Thank you in advance!

4 Likes

Don’t know because i’ve never grown a photo, but @justgrowin’s post a couple back would seal it for me. If Jorge said time starts the day a photo is flipped to 12/12 I would take that as sage advice :+1:

2 Likes

I start by the date I flip 12/12, but I take note of when the button start to appear (usually near the end of week one). I harvest based upon appearance (and based on days since flipping) and not based on what the seed distributor says.

2 Likes

I start counting Day 1 of flower the 1st day I switch my lights to 12/12. I check my trichomes and harvest when they are all milky white. The recommended flowering times from the breeder is just a ballpark figure, because different phenotypes can finish at different times.
I start watching things very closely when I get within 10 days of the suggested flowering time.
:v:

3 Likes