Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

When does the smell of weed get strong? During drying or Curing?

Shit after my first plant i figured it out. My sticks never snapped when i jarred it. Depended on how the outer part of the bud felt. If it felt like it was drying too fast i snipped them all into jars and just watched the jars so they dried slower in the jars for me. Takes alot of twisting turning and laying jars on the sides and all but it worked super well for ne this way as a beginner. At night time until they maintaines a good rh. I would leave jar open but leave the lid on the jar upside down covering half or a bit more of the jar so it didnt dry fast at night. Hope this help u on ur first one to make it come out good and not hay taste. It worked for me. U can do it.

5 Likes

good morning and good day to everyone one!

5 Likes

ROFL…yeah right my poor motorcycle is getting old all by itself lol…

3 Likes

My meters are coming today and I definitely can send some pictures of the progress

1 Like

I started week 12 of my flower. Bro

2 Likes

Sir Dabs-A-Lot👌🏾

2 Likes

Thanks bro and my plants where kind of the same too bro.

1 Like

Here’s a update: after 6 days of drying my buds are dry to the touch and since this is my 1st time I didn’t want to over dry so at the moment the stems didn’t snap. But I put them in jars and now there curing.

2 Likes

What I noticed with my last few harvests, is that there is a HUGE spike in the grassy smell the day after harvest which dissipates during the week or so of drying. Then it just smelled like weed.

I cure in mason jars in a dark closet. Each time I burp the jars, I take a good sniff and I have noticed that my buds start off with a “weed“ smell which goes away over time. And that is when I will start to notice other terp (fruit and pine) smells.

But the smell of weed was strongest during drying. Thank goodness the fan in the basement bathroom works so well. The whole house would have smelled like fresh weed. Which I probably wouldn’t mind, I just don’t want it in my house for a week.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say what could have happened to your bud man. The are so many things that could go wrong throughout the grow process. I’ve lost taste one time when I had a apartment inspection. I had to put 50 plants in a uhaul truck for like 24 hours during the summer in San Diego. After that the plants grew… But very poor taste and smell… How far along the drying and curing are you on?

2 Likes

Looks good too me. What did it smell like when you cropped… And how does it smell now?

1 Like

Damn bro that sucks and I dried for 6 days and now I jus started curing 10 hours ago. After I burped it for the 1st time I could smell the weed smell fine.

When I cut them down they didn’t smell now is a sweet smell too it now.

2 Likes

Damn man… If your plants didn’t have a very danky pungent smell when you cropped, it’s not a good sign. Cannabis is at its best when it’s alive. A cropped plant is decomposing. After it’s cropped you just try to preserve the terps that’s already in the plant. Some dankyness might come out. But more then likely there was a mistake along the way. That maybe shocked them and stopped the terp production. Many things can slow that down. I noticed also a increase in trichomes after I switched to full spectrum leds.

1 Like