When/How to add silica correctly?

So I just purchased some silica blast online, around my area you can never guess what the weather is gonna do. It’s winter one day and summer the next. Silica is suppose to help plants survive in adverse environments and keep them strong💪. But I added my first dose to them 2 days ago. And today. But I’ve been adding it at the same time as my regular fox farm nutrient package, and online it says to make sure to add silica at a separate time as the nutes can interact with the silica if added at the same time. So I was just wanting your guys take on it? When sould I add silica? Same time as my nutes or at a completely different time? Thanks for your input!

1 Like

Exactly what I use…unless using teas outdoors…ASAP and the directions on the bottle

1 Like

Do you add the silica at the same time your feeding your plants the fox farm? Or at a different time than the nutes?

Sorry I do not use Fox Farm anything…

2 Likes

Ok . You said you used the same things as me in your last comment, my misunderstanding. But do you apply your silica at the same time as your nutrients? Whatever they are, or a different time ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use silica blast from Botanicaire for my indoor and I mix it in with all my other nutes… in my outdoor living soil I use AGI-SIL made from rice hulls aerated in a tea…it was the silica blast that had me say exactly what you use…

4 Likes

Hell yeah man thank you! Just wanted to make sure that adding the nutes and the silica at the same time of day would be ok! Appreciate your help dear friend!

1 Like

Always add the silica first and stir in well otherwise it will bind up the rest of your nutes.

2 Likes

Alwayz add silica first before base nutes on most brands ,But …If you ever decide to run Advanced nutrients rhino skin (silica) - You do not need to add it first you can add it anytime after mixing base nutes as it is a little bit thinner than most other silicas …

2 Likes

I must have just coincidentally been doing it right… I also rinse my syringe well between products…

1 Like

I suggest using silica cal mag on water only days… since it swings phup it’s much easier to counter act a silica and water swing then a silica water and full food line… that brings said you can also use the ph swing method to ensure good uptake through out the range of elemnts… some are higher available 6.5 and downward some are 6.5 and up for soil so hit 6.2 to 6.6 within watering give optimal for canabis imo but cal mag gets used always except Intermident water days
Silica is immobile element and when the plant takes it up it gets deposited and it’s there for good… good time for a silica dose is a week before a heavy defol or a planned super crippling if you dont use it regularly… plants the are super cropped the knuckles they for are silica deposits for strength to the damaged area… canabis is comprised of 70+ silica… and simply sand or rockwool or perlite even tho comprised of silica are not even close to being available to the plant for atleast 5+years of conposting… potassium discard and silicon dioxide which most manufactures use still are only a percentage useable to plants do some research there is alot more to silica the anyone can can tell you without forget key info…m I jus did research on silica about 2 weeks and was blown away by advances in silica recently