When to stop bloom nutrients?

Sorry to ask to ask more newbie questions. When should i stop flowering nuetrients. And exactly how many days do you just use water after stopping nutrients? Any help please!

Anyone? Hello?

What medium? What do the trichomes look like? How long until harvest? Rockwool flushes a lot faster than coco or any other soiless.

All the fan leaves are yellowing. Its almost done. Cant verify trichromes tonight tomorrow i can. I was on 3 days no nutrients and it would have been 5 days tomorrow but i forgot i wasnt supposed to give it any nutrients and i gave it some yesterday. I was going to harvest it tomorrow.

1 Like

Flushing in soil can take a very long time, if thatā€™s what you want to do. If itā€™s a healthy, living soil it can make sense to leave the soil in good condition, amend it and be ready for another cycle.

2 Likes

''The levels of nutrients concentrated in plant tissue are up to 1,000 times more concentrated than those nutrients in the root zone. One-hundred ppm nitrogen solutions produce plants whose leaves can contain upwards of 10,000 ppm of nitrogen. Since we have established that none of those 10,000 ppm are going anywhere but within the plant, we are looking for explanation of how that concentration is being reduced by a flush to the extent it can affect flavor. We havenā€™t found it yet. ā€˜ā€™

We flush 7 days before harvest , the reason why we flush is because we cut expenses on fertilizers, maybe flushing is not the right word bc we dont really flush with big run off , its simple regular pure water . Flushing doesnt have anything with quality , but we also find that we dont gain anything in yield if we feed them until harvest . Its your decision to flush it or not , for me flushing is saving money .

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/to-flush-or--not-to-flush/

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great article. Thanks for sharing. I want to run a test to see the difference in trichome production between flushed and unflushed plants. There are intentional stresses you can give to heighten oil production.

2 Likes

I personally dont believe in all those thing , if they were true all the big companies will implement those techniques , they have money,labor and time to study all those things . For example i have seen on internet there is experiment with harvesting after 24,48 and 72 hours of darkness , comparing lab results . It was shown slight increase in cannabinoids and decrease in terpenes , for me personally terpenes are from bigger value , the high THC strains are not popular as before .
But yeah i agree the comparing is the best way , every cycle we do some type of experiment. Small pots vs big pots , lower vs higher PH and etc ā€¦

2 Likes

@eldindupljak The article you linked to says:

We believe most growers recognize they are trading yield in favor of the quality enhancements. But it is not clear they have an appreciation for what exactly that quality is costing them or what exactly is being gained.

It all depends on what scale youā€™re growing and what your end goals are. Without question, feeding through till harvest will produce bigger plants. The question Iā€™m curious to answer is where is the intersection of quality and quantity? Dropping night time temperature, running very dry rooms, defoliating, and flushing are some ways to induce plant stress.

Stressed plants donā€™t grow as big as unstressed ones, but they do produce a greater amount of terpenes.

4 Likes

Excellent article!! Thank you for sharing @devjyarn !

1 Like

Very good responses thanks guys. A lot of info here interesting. I didnā€™t think about where im going to put the plant as it is drying that wont smell. I left 1 nug hanging in the room and omg is stunk up the whole room! So i stuck it on a hook in the veg tent. Im going to reduce the nutrients for 5 days and chop it on friday.
I can see its not getting bigger. Now the other plant are still packing on the girth so there still going to get nutrients.

2 Likes

2019-09-22_12-25-47-53 2019-09-22_12-25-15-06 2019-09-22_12-26-47-97-1

2019-09-22_12-26-47-97-1
Here is a sample bud from the (hermied) white rhino. I found it easier to take one off the plant so i could see whats really going on. The trichromes look milky?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a small guide on trichomes and harvesting. There are others on here who have great ways to judge ripeness and how to harvest for your personal preference. And there is no problem harvesting a plant at different times - the tops might be ready to harvest now, but the lower flowers might need another week.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/harvest-marijuana-plants-trichome-ripeness/

3 Likes

Has anyone tried giving nutes in moderation??.. One day pure H2o ā€¦one day feeding them when in flowering to help with that situationā€¦ Ive been experimenting and results arenā€™t bad

1 Like

@scotty17 welcome to the community. I have not tried that. Maybe something to look into.

1 Like

Thanks so muchā€¦ Excited to pick everyoneā€™s brain lolā€¦ New grower this will be my 3rd harvest but learning and ā€œgrowingā€ with each oneā€¦ I know the idea isnt a traditional way of doing things but I have noticed the taste is a little off when I feed heavyā€¦ I still do the 7 day flush keep in mindā€¦ So this time I thought Iā€™d try something a bit differentā€¦ If anyone has and thoughts or suggestions please let me knowā€¦ Thanks!!

1 Like

To be safe always do 10 days for me I find I get better nugs when I plan my calendar out find my last 8 weeks of flower and at the end of the 8th week depending on how long ur transition was u should be ready to stop the nutes so I always check tricombs and if there about 60 amber 40 cloudy I def cut the nutes if there not so much amber and more cloudy il do nutes for 9 weeks and flush 10 days always I herd u can fulsh w 3 or 4 or 7 and I have found the smell has a big effect of u donā€™t burn up all ur sugars in the plant also effects the way it is smoked but what ever u do dry low and slow iv fucked up so much weed by trying to speed dry

Donā€™t forget to give th 24 hrs of day before the get the gulaetine

I ment 24 of dark jese I hate typing