When we should scientifically begin to account the plant’s date of birth?

Hello dears,

When we should scientifically begin to account the plant’s date of birth? Once the taproot (Radicle (Primary root) ) emerge or when the cotyledon start the formation?

Thank you.

2 Likes

I do it as soon as it breaks the soil, other do it differently

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your knowledge.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought of it like birthing a child… The day she comes into this world from her outershell and goes into her new environment… The day she is planted into her medium is her birthday :call_me_hand::seedling:

2 Likes

Fantastic, and I liked your thought.

I also read that years ago, once the *Testa (The seed coat) fall down from the peak the plant will start the breathing process, which referred that is the first moment of the life to me. But I’m not a hundred percent sure yet, what is the correct answer like that one which the botanists owned.

when you get first pair of true leaves . stoner science works every time

1 Like

Most feed charts are based on the principal that the plants are finished the clone/seedling stage, canna has some great info on this topic… They have the life cycle split up a bit further.they added a phase just for seedlings and clones.they do not count the first two or three plus weeks as veg time.they only start counting veg time once the plants start to assume vigorous growth. Typically closer to three weeks for me in pro mix.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @treedawg @piper @hoppiefrog @scotty17, for the general and scientific information that you supported me by.

1 Like

Here is one for you guys to debate.

When do you call the offical first week of flower
Is it

1. the day you switch to 12/12
  2. Around two weeks later after the stretch and out of transition?
2 Likes

Reason behind this question is. Alot of guys flower numbers are off by a few weeks. Why is that?

2 Likes

Thank you and I appreciated your debate that you added @MK3_Pharms.

2 Likes

Honestly i used to always need three extra weeks but once i controlled my environment i started shaving weeks off. This crop i used the vpd chart and was on schedule for all three strains.

4 Likes

But are those three “extra” weeks, just carry over from transition? Meaning your time count has been off? Some people who count day one of 1212. Consider this the first day. When in fact. Your still in veg. That’s why we have stretch and continue to feed N. Then week two of trans we feed N (little less) as well as PK. Week three ( pistols should be visible now. N is almost gone. Stretch is just about done. And PK are the main neuts.

So when is the first week of flower. Day one of 1212. Or at the end of stretch meaning week three?

2 Likes

As soon as I see pistols I count that as day 1 of flower

1 Like

I count day 1 Flower the first day after a 12/12 light cycle cycle

3 Likes

I grew three strains that all finished within 5 days of breeders #s this crop using vpd chart and I started counting day 1 of 12/12

6 Likes