Which COB lights are the best? What are you all using?

Well I think in gonna ditch my CH lights and go with som cob lights. Anyone have a good recommendation. I’m really like growershouse as source for lights. Amazon is sketchy on solid products. I’m not rich and I only have 2 bloom rooms at 4’x4’ so not needing a lot of light. Any suggestions or links to products you have used will be of great help thanks guys/gals

3 Likes

All my equipment is coming in this week, my lights (led) are already here, took 3 days from the time I ordered. I never used COB, so I can’t comment (heard good things though)

I paid a total (includes shipping & tax) of $240.00 for my leds
I bought them here

https://niemiled.com/product/niemi-260w-led-quantum-board-dimmable/

5 Likes

There’s a great quantum board thread going on right now in the forum. Check it out! It sounds like the only way to go for LEDS

6 Likes

I use COBs but can’t remember the details about them right now, but I’ll come back with details and pictures.

3 Likes

Nice your post about using them was the best purchase you made. Got me really looking at more light options. I like double ended also. But I really like my 1000 watt hps for flowering at the moment.

5 Likes

Look at rapid leds dyi kits. hlg quantum boards.
I did a two cob cree 3950 with 660 nm leds to add a little more in that spectrum. they have done real well but then again I built them myself for half of what they would have cost. Around $500 for two sets of lights.

5 Likes

Welcome @tinker! That’s a great suggestion. Those kits are spendy wow!. Nice very nice but out of my range.

3 Likes

Check out Budget Led. Excellent price on LEDs.

2 Likes

Give us a price range to work with. I do have a few more .

3 Likes

Have you looked at the mars ts1000?

3 Likes

Same I’m running hps atm but plan on switching to quantum boards at tax time ive seen some AMAZING RESULTS super dense top shelf very potent buds but just the money saved on bulb changes alone plus the drop in electricity just seems like the way to go for me

3 Likes

That was the first one I looked at when I decided to start doing research so I can be as well informed as I can for when I do switch

2 Likes

I’m just reading along to see what people like. If you want to know more about spectrum from someone who knows what he’s taking about, check out this 8 minute video from the president of Apogee instruments. He explains some of the research he’s done on the effect of spectrum on plant growth. https://youtu.be/gHOJQmYFW1A
And if you haven’t already, check it Shane from Migro. Great reviews and insight on all things LED. MIGRO - YouTube he’s got HLG reviews as well as side by sides for all of the top COBs.

3 Likes

I would have liked to be around $500. For 2 lights. But I have been kinda researching this type of light and there are 2 companies that are in the game at about $245-$269. each and they are the same drivers and quantum boards. Budget led is running the $15 off an order and a flat $5 shipping in america and $50 flatcrate international. I ended up buying 2 of them and I’m going to attach them together with an aluminum rail and run both in a 4x4 tent. I know the flower range was supposed to be 3’x3’ but 2 of these lights at 6x6 coverage should be better. And I’m liking the wattage of these they are both less than my 1 hps at 1000 watts. I can run my 400 watt hps and these can be in the same tent at the same time and run less volts and heat.

1 Like

What light did you end up getting

1 Like

I have (4) 170 watt full spec boards. I bought at bugetled.com i have not seen full spec boards offered yet. And i got a meanwell driver to run all 4 boards in series. And a dimmer pot and surge protector kit and 2x long heatsinks. Also i have ordered (2) bridgelux 3’x8" cob light modules and a driver. The cobs only run 27.3 watts each. I ordered them in a 5700k as these are for my nursery to vegg under.

2 Likes

That sounds dope … I got to get in the QB train … my goal is to start a new tent to make my flower tent

1 Like

I actually bought 2 Niemi led lights.

I have the other lights parts ordered. But this light is in my bloom tent#1

4 Likes

Those are two light you put together… what lights… and how is that the metal on the ends

1 Like

The lights are from niemieled.com. its a 260 watt 3500k and a 310 watt far red spec. They said ships in 3 days it took 2 weeks so the far red spec board was a free upgrade for the same price as the the non far red because they took so long. I took both of the lights and put them end to end and used a piece of angle aluminum to connect them together. I cut the piece into 2 pieces. And clamped the angle aluminum to the light with a soft clamp and then drilled the holes into the brackets and then pop rivetted the light heatsinks to the brackets. Drilled holes into the corners and done.

1 Like