Which point of sale software do you like?

@DispensaryEmployees @DispensaryOwners Hey there! I’m interested in your thoughts on point of sale software for dispensaries. I’m looking around on the web and at first glance they all seem quite similar, offering pretty much the same features. Am I completely wrong here? I’d love to know what the experts think. What does your dispensary use for POS software? What do you like about it? What don’t you like? And if any @SoftwareDevs want to get in on this, I’d love to hear your thoughts too!

7 Likes

hello? Is there anybody out there?

3 Likes

I wasn’t a huge fan of MJFreeway a few years ago when I used it. I haven’t utilized it since they revamped the platform…I wish I had more to offer on the subject here, @nick!

I do remember a few times when the MJFreeway platform failed and we literally had to shut the doors of our dispensaries because we couldn’t legally process transactions. Our cultivation facility couldn’t move plants from one space to another because we could not document the transitions…it was ca-razy…all because software was malfunctioning! And remember…that was state-wide!!!

Maybe some of our GNET friends can lend a hand on this subject…?

What POS software platforms are people using out there? What has your experience been with customer service, bugs, platform failures, etc. ? Have you every had a software failure cause catastrophe like we did??

I

3 Likes

@brennan you have any feedback on the new MJ Freeway platform?

4 Likes

Don’t under any circumstances use mj freeway. They got hacked and lost all of our info which in return made it difficult for our audit with the state. We use Treez now. There are a few other programs for accounting like Bio tracker, green bits, green med to name a few. When we choose ours early this year after the mj freeway hack breach late last year we didn’t have alot of knowledge about any other accounting software besides mjfeeway because they are all virtually new to the business so we choose the one with the biggest clients like harborside. Were still not sure we made the right decision but its a huge decision so its hard to just switch and try them all out. Well see as time goes on. That being said I did like how easy the reporting was with mj freeway. Ask any questions I might be able to help.

Treez Postive Points
Treez is great on the customer store front level.
Treez works offline when the internet is down (Huge for us because Comcast lets us down alot.)
Treez has not been hacked or lost our info yet.(fingers crossed)

Treez Negative Points
Treez Customer service is a pain especially on the weekend where they leave you stranded. (Wait hours for call back.
Treez back end reporting and such is not the best.
Treez is expensive

2 Likes

Thanks for that detailed response. I’m sure I’ll have a lot more questions before I’m done. I had no idea about the hack.

It was a massive hack and they were less than helpful in the situation. We had been using them for several years and before that we used quickbooks and a simple patient intake system ( It was a major pain in the ass)
I have been the owner of South Sacramento Care Center dispensary in Sacramento for almost 10 years.

5 Likes

I’ll never forget that hack. We lost all of our patient information and it NEVER came back. Later there would be other glitches, such as the whole system just going down, or the time that we couldn’t access our patient / customer records during a busy Friday where we averaged nearly 1,000 visitors per day. So. Many. Glitches.

5 Likes

I think I like Green Bits.

5 Likes

Anyone using Headset on here? Looks like they’re making their way down the west coast one dispensary at a time.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen any system that’s better than learning how to use Excel to integrate plant data and QuickBooks for sales. What I’ve seen is that METRc changes their API pretty regularly, even one line of code, and doesn’t tell anyone what that update is in a timely manner so noone can update their software to accommodate the change. Unless that process changes and the engineers on both sides keep in constant communication about updates etc. I don’t see the problem going away. It blows my mind that people are paying thousands a month for a software that can lose critical functionality at a drop of a hat and the only thing to do is wait until metrc decides to let everyone know what they update was. Of course, if you don’t deal with metrc, I’ve heard good things about green bits and bio track from my clients.

4 Likes

GreenBits and Flowhub are nice. MJ Freeway wasn’t very goodwhen it worked and after they got hacked, it really put us in a bad position with compliance. They promised to recover our data but never did, they were able to restore a small part of our database but that caused more issues than it solved when it was merged with where we picked up after the hack.

4 Likes

I just got my opening date for my dispensary, Jan 18th!!!

So I don’t have sales experience with my POS system. However Greenbits is the company I choose, and they have been extremely helpful. So far, it’s just me building and setting up for opening day. I was able to set up everything up by myself with very few problems. The few problems I did have, have been quickly fixed by their staff. So fingers crossed on opening day, but so far I have really liked GreenBits. They seem much more affordable than Trees also.

I almost went with Treez, but didn’t due to the size of my dispensary. If I was a large dispensary, then I would have considered Treez more heavily for the same reasons stated earlier in this thread, but mainly because Harborside uses them.

4 Likes

exact same thing happened to us, we are now learning how to use Trellis.

3 Likes

How are you liking the Trellis software thus far?

2 Likes

Its solid and much more stable, no glitches so far.A couple more steps in entering product, but I like it makes you double check before you cannot change anything. Mj was easy to make mistakes , and you couldn’t go back and change anything once you clicked that button.

3 Likes