White Widow Harvest

I just harvested a White Widow germinated Nov 28, 2023 from a seed from 2021 (kept in the fridge.)
It never really stretched nor had a strong aroma like other strains I tried. All in all, I think it did well.
For those hobbyists that have grown WW, does this result appear normal? I used a 3x3 tent, mixed soil, Dakine420 nutrients, and less than ideal lights.

12 Likes

They look pretty good to me! When you can get better lights your grows will really improve.

8 Likes

Looks like normal WW to me… bit small maybe, but you mentioned the lights.
As far as its aroma… It’s not that strong indeed, although it has a quite ‘typical’ aroma. Kinda spice and black pepperish with earthiness. I’m not really hyped about it, but I’ve had SO much of it as it used to be one of often only 2 or 3 strains sold in the coffeeshops in Holland (not Amsterdam, the little ones spread throughout the country) for several decades.
Brings back memories though and will to me forever be connected to ‘home’ and my first encounters with cannabis. :green_heart:

10 Likes

Man thats a beautiful plant but i was wondering that quick of a turn around, is it an auto?

8 Likes

real quick on the turn around, what kind of weight did you end up at harvest? Great job!

8 Likes

It was a basic photo strain. I didn’t weigh it after harvest, but it seemed to be less than a photo AK47 from about six months ago. I put those pieces in the hanging drying net, and a few days ago its aroma, while drying, really kicked in.

8 Likes

Here is the final result after drying and trimming. I don’t know if this is an average yield or not. The jars are pints.

7 Likes

Bet cha get about 6 ounces, not bad!!!

6 Likes

I think it looks great. And all that dust in front of the jars that fell off of them buds, good stuff. I’ve grown smaller plants than that with bigger everything so I wouldn’t trip on it. Could’ve just been that particular seed turned out to be a smaller plant. You might have planted three of them and the other two might’ve got bigger. Ya just don’t know. I’d be very happy with that. The big question is, how does it smoke?

6 Likes

Oops, should I have kept the dust? It’s in my dustbuster now!
I don’t smoke, I use it in tea to help alleviate chronic back and neck pain (did a lot of mountain biking and downhill skiing.)

8 Likes