Who is going to Nawlins?

I think I am… waiting for final final. Wondering if people going, find it worthwhile? How was biz post Vegas? Daphne

4 Likes

I almost went, but got too busy with things going on at the office. I didn’t see it as much of a big show worth attending due to the location, although I do love NOLA. I think I would be more for attending one in the Northeast or Vegas. With these busy trade show schedules, sometimes you gotta prioritize.

3 Likes

The Vegas show was huge and overwhelming. As a New Orleans native, and San Francisco transplant that insures the cannabis industry, I have no idea why someone would hold a convention in a place that is not very welcoming to Cannabis. When Louisiana starts handing out licenses, it will probably be handled a lot like it handled the gambling industry: Grant licenses to politically connected groups who contribute heavily to local pols. See Governor Edwin Edwards’ time in jail.
I digress. I just have doubts about having a Cannabis Convention in hostile territory. On the other hand, the authorities may lay off Cannabis Conventioneers. Certainly, the food, drink, and hospitality will be great. Not sure if I am going, still, as the money might be better spent in a state that has actually earned its role in the Cannabis Industry.
Let me know if you need and restaurant or music recommendations.

Reece

2 Likes

Just food for thought @Reece, but it raises awareness. Sometimes there is no better way to break the taboo then to make it publicly aware to those around it that would raise an eyebrow. Now, HOW that’s gone about is definitely open for debate (we’ve seen the cannabis industry has a little growing up to do, I’ve yet to go to conference that I haven’t smelled last night’s vodka on some vendors breath the morning after (come on guys, sleep it off,) but it still offers a way for those interested in investing and wanting to be educated to learn more about something that otherwise might not present that kind of opportunity.

2 Likes

Great point Jordan. Believe me, I do a lot of evangelizing when I go back home to New Orleans. My advice to all conventioneers is to be discreet, respect that a cop has to do the job he’s commanded to do by law, and stick to edibles and vape pens if at all possible. The MJBizCon in Las Vegas was a great show and I met a lot of great people.
So yeah, go to the NOLA MJBizCon, but remember to be careful.

2 Likes

Kush Bottles will be there!

3 Likes

Reece,

Great point. I too have mixed feelings about shows. Louisiana is a trip.
With the lax alcohol laws in NOLA seems like they should be more open minded, but guess it’s competition. One of the parties in Vegas was not allowing any weed in.

2 Likes

Anti-sodomy laws (declared Unconstitutional in 2003) were still on the books in Louisiana the last time I checked. And there’s a whole lot of sodomy going on in Louisiana nonetheless. And so it is with its cannabis: It’s all good as long as it’s done behind closed doors and nobody catches you.

1 Like

You can tell this is going about the same way as things usually do in Louisiana. That an out-of-state company was confused about the license selection process reminds me of the State’s problems with the gaming industry back in the early ninties, to whit: https://mjbizdaily.com/louisiana-medical-marijuana-program-advances-but-progress-slow-and-questions-swirl-over-future/?elqTrackId=dd3f79d877014ef9ac0c3a5eafd62c9a&elq=7802f5384c034141bf808048ddbbeaac&elqaid=195&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=95

1 Like

We will be there. Vitale Scientific will be in booth 415. For anyone attending please stop by and say hello.

Shane

2 Likes

We’ll be there!! Come find us :blush::seedling:@BIOS_Lighting_RK

2 Likes