Who planted 34 cannabis plants in the Vermont Statehouse Garden?

Somebody planted some weed at the VT Capitol. Police say it’s the first time they have encountered growing cannabis at the State Capitol building. While a criminal offense may have been committed, no charges will be pressed as it’s unclear who the rogue green thumb actually is.

8 Likes

Definitely a way to bring awareness into the forefront of the legislative body !

6 Likes

In my head, Bernie did it. /endthread :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sounds like a great idea for all 50 state houses. Why the heck not? It’s just an herb - :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I agree! Cannabis would be a gorgeous addition to the aesthetic of any well-manicured State House landscape!

6 Likes

Back in the mid 80’s when I was sifting seeds with a Frisbee, I’d save them up for a year and disperse at government locations early in the spring. One summer I rode my bike by the city police station where I chucked a handful earlier that year and to my amazement there were 3 5’ healthy plants and a few smaller ones off in a sunny corner of the building, called the local paper and they did a half page spread “Police Department Growing Marijuana” needless to say, they were cut down the next day

5 Likes