Why 0 ppm water may not be good enough

“Most recently, testing reveals a shocking 85 percent of male smallmouth bass in 19 American wildlife refuges, including the Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge located near the U.S. and Canada border, are carrying eggs…In other words, a vast majority of the male fish are turning into females, and the primary culprits are estrogenic compounds such as those found in birth control pills, bisphenol A (BPA, a chemical used in plastic) and the herbicide atrazine.”

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/19/atrazine-health-effects.aspx

3 Likes

Unfortunately we are changing our environment in a detrimental way towards other species. Climate change is also changing the gender ratios in alligators.

Hi Hunter,
I had a luncheon with a medical representative and it was the main topic!, How many Pills, Narcotics, antibiotics, Vitamins and other pharma products are dumped down the sink or toilet every year, it was STAGGERING and the worst part….the water filtration services and systems cannot filter it out of the drinking water!!! this is a HUGE ISSUE and no one has addressed this. The sad part is, by having to implement a corrective process, they said the water would cost MORE because it was the public placing the strain on the systems and therefore have to have new tech developed to filter it out and to make it safe…thats the same water we are all using to feed our plants and food!

Maybe the farmers with their own water supply can get it certified and thats part of the “Organic Seal” or badging that will sooner or later pop up…big problem….

The only company I have heard about is GAIAWATER systems and they have some new technologies that are extremely interesting…with results study out late June/July with real statistical info.

4 Likes

There really should be a push for more pill recycling programs to stop everything ending up in the water supply. And of course, there’s a relevant Simpsons episode about it:

3 Likes

Ha I just moved to SIMPSON AVENUE!!!

1 Like

Did you find any good expired medication? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually I did, but it was the stuff the rappers like to drink, liquid Hydrocodone “Szzurp” Weezy style! lol…stuff is toxic and I used it for cancer pain, why anyone woukd intentionally drink that with soda?, wow they must have some real internal or mental pain or hardship they want to forget?..makes you feel like your the walking dead.

2 Likes

Hi Charlie,

Reverse osmosis technology will filter these compounds. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a large number of municipalities which use such technology. Personally, I’m skeptical of atmospheric recovery due to the aluminum and barium oxide contaminants being sprayed in the atmosphere.

At any rate, reverse osmosis coupled with deionization resin can indeed reach down into the PPB/PPT range to deal with any residuals of these compounds, such as atrazine, glyphosate and endocrine disrupting drugs. A few of our customers have gone this route in search of the highest purity in their medical cultivations as well as in their homes.

1 Like

Hi Joe,
Is there a home or counter top vernon of that type of filtration, I am a medical patient recovering from cancer and am in the 1% group! I would like to stay there lol. I also live in the Los Angeles area so there is a ton of meds being flushed into the water everyday.
Cg

2 Likes

Hi Charlie,

We can absolutely get you that.

The best form factor for drinking water only, and small cultivations, is
with our under-sink 150 or 300 GPD high rejection RO with the additional
deionization media, ‘polishing’ carbon and remineralizing cartridge (raises
pH/alkalinity) <— VERY important according to the book ‘pH Miracle’.

We can also provide this type of filtration at commercial scale for your
plants and/or whole house.

Feel free to setup a time to drop by our shop, adjacent to the Van Nuys
Airport, and pick up your filter…Weed love to see you!

2 Likes

Hi Joe, Is this a standard filtration system for PEOPLE or for grow sites (I know both can use it) and what are the general ballpark $ ranges? I am in Valley Glen so I am close and WIll stop by.

2 Likes

Only difference for grow vs drinking is the alkaline-remineralizing process. Water for plants can be automatically diverted before the last stage to your plants. A 150 GPD setup is around $400 retail while 1,000 GPD would start around $2,000 retail. Call first so I can be sure to be available (818) 510-0264

2 Likes

Hey Joe,
Appreciate the knowledge…
I was interested in the Ph levels, what kind of numbers can you get with regards to alkalinity and does the process you use allow for the Alkalinity to stay over time and distance of transportation, most dissipate very quickly and the ph level starts to drop from light and exposure especial over distance… I am asking from a health position, NOT a MMJ uses position where the high ph is detrimental. A 150GPD set up is more than fine for in home use.

C

1 Like

At this time, the most cost-effective solution for pH/Alkalinity is a manual control via a bypass valve. Recommendation is to start in full bypass, otherwise it’s 1500 ppm/11+ pH and nasty. Easy to calibrate after flush once a week with spa/pool multi-test strips. Once the bypass is fully closed and the ALK/pH descend below acceptable levels, simply replace the cartridges.

Regarding the DI media, best test post-RO and post-DI PPM to determine quality at the same weekly interval. We like to keep things simple, cost-effective and give people control…

2 Likes

Thank you, I will stop by next week and see what cooking there.

Charles

2 Likes

Look forward to it Charlie. Will have a filter with your name on it. Plan for a couple hours and I’ll show you our nutrient delivery technique as well.

2 Likes

Take pictures and share with us guys!