Why Are Edibles More Potent?

Just subbed to Camdens channel, young guy with some cool content everything about cannabis.

Everyone has the same crazy edible story. The account starts with them eating a reasonable THC dosage, waiting an hour, not feeling the effects, eating way more, and then struggling with their existence for the next 4 hours. Why do THC edibles deliver a more potent, potentially halogenic experience than smoking weed? Its not because the dose is more concentrated or more efficient its due to a THC metabolite called 11-hydroxy-THC.

Eating THC sends the compound to the liver where it is converted to the 2-3 times more potent metabolite, 11-hydroxy. While the compound performs the same mechanism to get users high, it is more effective at binding with our cannabinoid receptors. 11-hydroxy also takes longer for the effects to be realized, leading to users taking a dose they can’t handle.

#Edibles #Cannabis#strainreviews #cannabiseducation

Follow Us On Instagram: @CamdenUnrein @Highchome Highchome is here to create content to educate, inform, and entertain you on everything cannabis. Highchome produces weekly content that covers trending topics, news, cannabasics, cooking with cannabis, strain reviews, joint & blunt rolling tutorials, CBD, cannabis tips and tricks, trichomes, cannabis photography, and even more to come within the booming industry of cannabis.

6 Likes

I wonder if he knows why some people feel nothing at all from edibles. I will have to ask, thank you @chrisj

6 Likes

Damn, what is the word for that? There is a word, just cant remember? Its a good topic for a new video? i invited Camden to GN, lets see if he joins us.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Just an observation (FWIW) people that think the edibles don’t work for them usually have a high tolerance and expect it to hit hard like smoking or dabbing does. I’m good with a 10 mg gummy while my daughter needs 30 to 40 mg’s just to feel it.

4 Likes

I have a high tolerance, so edibles work on me but like you said, it doesn’t hit me really hard. That’s just how it is, I guess.
I forgot to mention I also smoke with the edibles, I just don’t need to smoke as much.
Either way, I never get stupid high. If I take a tolerance break…now, that’s another story!

6 Likes

So @chavez78 I was same as you. Now I decarb my rosin and make cookies. A respected gentleman on here says a gram of rosin is equal to 75 mg if its good. I can almost promise you that 65 mg cookies will let you feel something. A good buddy smokes an eighth a day min. If he has more he smokes more. I gave him a cookie and he accused me of spiking it with something.:joy:.

6 Likes

the name is “ediblocked”. You cant digest cannabis.

8 Likes

found this a while back after the topic came up here. there really isn’t much known, but they “hypothesize” it has to do with the liver.

it’s the most recent literature i could find on it. i’m still doing my own research too. if you find more, lemme know bro

7 Likes

Good article!

6 Likes

Oh boy. Maybe I should cutback A little

5 Likes

Or be like my daughter and make your edibles so strong a person like me is feeling it 2 days later! Lol!

6 Likes

My friend, you are slightly mistaken. Smoking marijuana and eating it affect the human body and mind differently.

1 Like