Why are my leaves browning

6 Likes

@extraextra Welcome to GN.
Please give us a little more information about the problem. There is a list of things like Strain, soil or hydro, nutes,… Let me see if I can find it.
There it is.
Strain:
Indoor, outdoor:
Medium:
Nutrient type (synthetic minerals/organic/dry amendments/living soil/…):
Lights:
PPFD:
pH:
EC or PPM:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night):
Water Temp. (if DWC):

Whatever information you provide will be very helpful. Glad to have you! Hang in there.

7 Likes

Well, well, well if it isn’t my fellow cannabis connoisseur, welcome to the club! So you’re having some trouble with browning leaves - don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here are a few reasons why your lovely leaves might be browning and what you can do about it (and don’t worry, I promise to make you laugh at least once).

1. Overwatering: Ah, the classic rookie mistake. You might think your baby girl needs water every day, but slow down cowboy! Cannabis plants hate sitting in water, and just like us humans, they need a break to breathe. So, if you’re giving your plant too much to drink, the leaves may start to turn brown. Dry her roots out, and guess what? She’ll spring back to life!

2. Nutrient burn: Imagine this, you love pizza, right? But, if you eat way too much pizza, you’ll start to feel the consequences of an upset tummy (trust me; I’ve been there). Well, your cannabis plant is the same: it just can’t handle too much of that good stuff (fertilizer). So, if you’re giving her too many nutrients, she’ll start to protest, and the leaves will brown. Give her some space, and she’ll start to feel better in no time.

3. Humidity: It’s always important to keep the humidity levels in check when growing cannabis - not too high, not too low, just like our grandma’s porridge. If the air around your plant is too humid, it won’t be able to absorb water effectively, which, as we mentioned before, may cause browning leaves. It’s time to invest in a dehumidifier! Trust me, your plant will thank you.

4. Pests: We’ve all been there; bugs are annoying, but they’re a reality when you’re growing cannabis. Talk about a bad case of the munchies, these critters love to eat cannabis leaves, causing them to brown. It’s time to take action, and I don’t mean buying them a ticket to see Hamilton on Broadway. Get some non-toxic pest control measures, and you’ll be good to go.

So, there you have it, my dear friend. Growing cannabis can be challenging, but it’s a rewarding journey - just like life. Remember to keep calm, and toke on!

1 Like

Cannnabis leaves can go brown during the maternity stages due to various reasons like over-watering, lack of nutrients, pests, diseases, harsh weather conditions, etc. Brown leaves are typically seen towards the bottom of the plant and may fall off naturally.

The picture shown may indicate signs of over-watering and lack of morning praying. Overwatering cannabis plants can lead to root rot, mold, and other fungal diseases. The plant needs to dry out between watering to avoid this.

Defoliation, is the process of removing certain leaves to increase airflow and light penetration throughout the plant. This allows for better bud development and helps to prevent issues like mold and mildew.

It’s difficult to determine if the picture is from the lights first being turned on, as the lighting can cause the leaves to look different from natural sunlight. However, improper lighting can also cause problems for cannabis plants and may lead to brown leaves if not corrected.

It’s essential to regularly check your cannabis plants and take note of any changes in color or texture. Ensuring proper watering, nutrients, light exposure, and pruning techniques can help to keep the plant healthy during the maternity stages and beyond.

1 Like

Man reading up on some of the posts u post bro u sound like a pretty fart smeller. Seem like u have ur poop in group when it comes to weed talk. Nice work buddy. It is a fun sport to do. I call.it a sport because well it’s like dealing either I win or they do

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the compliment! I may have my poop in a group when it comes to weed talk, but let me tell you, sometimes it can be a real stinker trying to come up with new and exciting ways to talk about the same old stuff. But learning about growing cannabis is important, and sharing that knowledge with others is a great way to contribute to the cannabis community.

As for being egotistical, well, we’re all a little selfish sometimes, aren’t we? But that doesn’t mean we can’t be kind and supportive of one another. I used to try to fit in with the cannabis online community, but now I’ve realized that being myself is the most important thing. And hey, if that means making some silly jokes and fart references along the way, so be it!

1 Like

Hey I love everything about mj. The wife brought out the devil in me getting me started at the beginning of covid lockdown. Lol.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your love and appreciation for Michael Jackson. As for the impact of COVID lockdowns on mental health, it has been widely recognized that such restrictions have been extremely difficult for many individuals worldwide. The loss of freedom and social interaction, alongside economic insecurity and fears for the future, have taken a serious toll on people’s mental well-being.

In addition, the increased isolation resulting from lockdowns has led many individuals to turn to drugs, like cannabis as a coping mechanism. This is a concerning issue that deserves our attention and support for most woke people have used it like a clutch and is mixing the true message of what cannbis is actually here for on this planet.
Like bees to flowers, like Humans to Cattle. Remove one they die out.

Furthermore, the feeling of being caged like an anumal or trapped in a situation can understandably bring out the worst in us. It can lead to feelings of frustration, anxiety, and depression, among other negative emotions. So, it’s natural that you felt the need for an outlet as a way to cope with these challenging and uncertain times. I am still feeling the ripple effects of them times and the tides around the world seem to keep changing.

Remember, it’s important to seek help if you find yourself struggling with mental health issues or substance abuse. I dont agree with a lot of the modern day treatments by having a pill to fix everything. There are resources available and people who care and want to support people in our journey towards healing and recovery. The cannabis community has a lot to bring in laughter and joy, hang around a bunch of stoners all day and you will see the devil in most people start to die and fade out once the consciousness begins to shift into a positive state and the bad mean jokes turn into flowers of their our strain because being mean for a long time takes a lot of inner judgement and ridicule to uptain.

-To Scrog or not to Scrog?
should I do LST or HST training? - The Beginners Guide to the Understanding these Methods
-

As cannabis cultivation continues to gain momentum, the various techniques involved just keep getting better and better. Among the most effective of these techniques are LST and HST training. Let’s delve into these techniques before we get into the topic of this article - how to scrog a cannabis plant.

LST (Low-Stress Training) is a technique used to train cannabis plants to grow horizontally instead of vertically. This is done by gently bending and tying down the branches of the plant. The aim is to make the plant grow outwards instead of upwards. LST training is typically done in the early stages of the plant’s growth cycle when the branches are still young and flexible.

HST (High-Stress Training), on the other hand, involves more aggressive techniques such as topping, fimming, and super cropping. These methods are employed to create multiple colas and to increase the density of the buds. HST training is best done during vegetative growth when the plant still has time to recover before the flowering stage.

Now that we have covered the basics of LST and HST training, let’s dive into how to scrog a cannabis plant.

Scrog (Screen of Green) is a technnique used to maximmize yield by creating an even canopy of buds. It involves using a screen to train the branches of the plant to grow horizontally, which encourages the development of multiple buds.

The first step in scrogging a cannabis plant is to choose the right straain. High-yielding strains like Girl Scout Cookies, Sour Diesel, and Blue Dream are ideal for scrogging. Once you have the right strain, you need to create a screen to train the branches. You can use a pre-made DIY scrog net or create your own using strings and stakes.

Next, you need to start LST training your plant early in the vegetative stage. Gently bend the branches and tie them down to the screen using twist ties. The aim is to create an even canopy of buds that will receive equal amounts of light…

As the plant grows, you can continue to tie down the branches to the screen. This will encourage the deveelopment of more buds and increase your overall yiield. Once the plant reaches the flowering stage, it will continue to stretch. You can continue to adjust the branches and tie them down to the screen to prevent them from growing too tall.

At this point, you should also consiider using HST training techniques like topping, fimming, and super cropping to incrrase the density of the buds. These techniques should be done during the early stages of the vegetative growth cycle.

In conclusion, scrogging a cannabis plant requires a great deal of patience and attention to detail. By combining LST and HST training techniques, you can maximize your yield and create an even canopy of buds. Just remember, the key to a successful scrog is to choose the right strain, create a proper screen, and follow a regular trainning schedule. Happy growing!

And remember, if your yield is big enough, you can always share with your friends. After all, sharing is caring.

-Astrology: The Alien’s Wars -
Whats Your Star Sign Race?-

In a distant galaxy far away, there lived a group of aliens known as the “Astro-controllers.” These creatures were notorious for their powerful abilities to control human minds and make them do their bidding. They lived on various planets, each one representing a different astrological sign.

The Aries aliens lived on a fiery, red planet, where everything was hot and intense. They were quick-tempered and highly competitive, and always seeking a way to outdo their fellow aliens.

The Taurus aliens, on the other hand, were more laid back and relaxed, living on a lush, green planet filled with luxurious comforts. They loved indulging in all kinds of delights, from delicious food to comfortable furnishings.

The Geminis, known for their quick wit and sharp tongues, lived on a planet that was constantly changing. It was filled with illusions and trickery, making it nearly impossible to figure out what was real and what was fake.

The Cancerians, with their emotional and sensitive nature, inhabited a planet that was constantly in flux. The tides rose and fell, and the creatures could never quite predict how their surroundings would behave.

Meanwhile, the Leos lived on a bright, golden planet, radiating with a powerful energy. These majestic creatures loved being the center of attention and always put on a show.

Virgos lived on a pristine, white planet, filled with order and cleanliness. These creatures were highly analytical and detail-oriented, and tirelessly worked to perfect everything around them.

The Librans, with their balanced scales and desire for harmony, lived on a planet that was aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical. These creatures despised conflict and always worked to ensure peace and equity among their fellow aliens.

Scorpios, with their intense personalities and sharp wit, inhabited a planet shrouded in mystery and darkness. They were deeply secretive and manipulative, always seeking ways to gain an advantage over others.

Sagittarians lived on a planet that was constantly on the move, soaring through space at breakneck speeds. These adventurous creatures loved exploring new frontiers and pushing the limits of what was possible.

Capricorns lived on a planet that was highly structured and disciplined. These creatures were deeply ambitious and always seeking ways to advance their power and status.

The Aquarians, with their deep sense of social justice and humanitarianism, lived on a planet that was highly advanced and technologically sophisticated. They used their advanced knowledge to help others and create a better future for everyone.

Finally, the Pisceans lived on a planet that was shrouded in a mystic haze. These creatures were highly intuitive and empathetic, always in tune with the emotions and needs of those around them.

As the Astro-controllers watched over humanity from their various planets, they grew increasingly jealous and possessive of their prized possessions: the humans below. They waged war against each other, each one seeking to gain control over the minds of the unwitting humans below.

In the midst of all this chaos, a love story was brewing. A human named Jack fell in love with an Aquarian named Serenity, despite knowing that their love was forbidden. He defied the alien overlords to be with her, and the two embarked on a dangerous mission to unite the Astro-controllers and put an end to the senseless war that was tearing their galaxy apart.