Why do we grow?

This thread is to discuss the very broad topic of Why we Grow. What keeps us coming back to growing? Why do we find growing so satisfying? I know after many years of practicing this craft, I keep learning something new, which keeps piquing my interest.

What is it about growing that is so irresistible to you?

3 Likes

A lot of times, a lot of things in this world really do not make a lot of sense to me… But, when I wander off into my garden, it seems as though things slow down a little. Its quieter, and oddly soothing. I have been to a lot of places, and none of them provide the same result for me, as being in a sea of green!

Why fight it?:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

For my epilepsy and chronic pain from competitive sports. 30yrs of puffing…30yrs off phenobarbital

Wouldn’t people want genetics from the self medicated? Seems we are less credible than mainstream breeders.

3 Likes

You are a poet, @KrisGrows. Great response!

2 Likes

Happy to have you here, seizure-free, without the need for crazy meds. What an amazing medicine and a wonderful success story! Thanks for keeping it real, @SensationalSolutions.

2 Likes

Last summer, I did a basic outdoor grow I could get some hands-on experience with the plant. We were working on developing testing tools for growers, and I wanted to try and understand their challenges so I could communicate the value effectively. Now, I’m hooked. I really enjoy experimenting with different nutrients, mediums, cultivars, lights, training techniques, etc. I get a little bit better each time, but there is still SO much to learn.

3 Likes

well I used joke around and say “these were the only females that if you treat them right, they treat you right in return…” I really can’t express in words why this plant has consumed my attention and life. Its a beautiful thing to watch them develop. I’ve grown other plants but none of them are as satisfying as cannabis. Love is the only word that comes to mind, I love these plants.

2 Likes