Will the real #1 Skunk please be in that seed!

I was going to post this exact trusted link. Thanks for sharing @dequilo .

7 Likes

Well after 30 plus hours I cracked all 5
They are currently on towels , temp 78 , 90 percent humidity. Not looking good .

The next 5 new plan

Scar seeds with sand paper tube
Get the Peroxide perfect at 1 percent
Soak 24 hrs
Setup humidity dome
Keep temps at 75-85
Soak 2 in acid , crack seeds if needed as last resort

8 Likes

Any news ?

7 Likes

Nothing so far , I’m still hopeful
I have a solid plan for the next 5
Should have all my supplies next week .
I’ve done a lot of reading on how to scarcify .
I’m not giving up on the first five but nothing has sprouted so far . I keep hoping I’ll see at least one white radical .

7 Likes

Update
Today found a full embryo in the water that was free of any seed shell . White but had a fully developed radical root . I put it in a cup of moistened coco at 78 degrees 90 percent humidity .

8 Likes

@crazy4coco now you got me wanting to grow some skunk#1 :slight_smile: first plant I

grew inside

from 2001 after joining OverGrow and starting to work inside

I may buy a pack or three from the link I posted and take 2 packs make seeds to share

I have a 4 foot by 8 foot tent and could do an open pollination

if I do I send you the other :wink:

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

8 Likes

What a great offer
Thanks
I’ll do the same for you as well , what a great hobby to be able to bring back pure strains from the past . Back in the era of these seeds all I smoked was premium skunk and kush from the mountains of NorCal . I’ll keep ya posted maybe I can bend your ear some . A viable male and female would be ideal but what if I just get one male or one female ?
My thought is to get clones first thing . Can you force a female to morphadite and use that pollen ?

Don’t want to just chuck pollen if I do get a viable plant going . A true afghan would be a consideration if I had to choose another mate . Let’s just hope she smells up the room .

7 Likes

I’ve been researching my ass off .
I think I might use gibberrelic acid on just one seed ?
There is no good data for how strong the solution should be ? You risk killing the seed if not done correctly. As of now I’m planning these steps .

Keep everything sterile as possible
Scarcify all seeds with sand paper tube .
Soak in 1 percent h202 for half the seeds 24 hrs
Remove half and soak them in bean sprouts enzyme and aloe Vera .

If we have floaters after 24 hrs we will crack shells .
From what I understand there two factors to sprouting old seeds .
Get some moisture pass the hard coating
And give the embryo a boost of energy to get to the surface.
The scarification hopefully will get some moisture in there ?
The enzyme will help the embryo
The h202 will kill of any bacteria on the seed coat
I have some old tomatoe seeds I’m going to do trials on to see what works best . There are other compounds that have effects also , I’m really curious how the bean enzyme will work .
I read a study on aloe and it showed it being almost as effective as cloning powder and like night and day compared to water only . I wish I had 100 instead of 5 lol
Im just shooting for a 10 percent germination lol

6 Likes

you got the time and a place to make beans? if yes I will buy you a pack of 10 now

throw me back 50 open pollination and we be good :slight_smile:

I cannot do anything in my tent until June it is too cold here and not paying for heat

I was going to grow out two pack an throw out all but two males and just grow for beans

to share

that is what community is suppose to be about eh?

to make feminized beans sure can me I am looking for regulars

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

Rooms filling right now with some GDP
I’m limited to my 5x10 room . I’ll keep your info here and reach out if we get lucky and get some seeds .

5 Likes

I’m doing some sprout testing with old sunflower .

6 Likes

Anyone have results with Gibberillic Acid ?
I’m really on the fence with this process . I received my Gibberellic today . Everything I read says it is very specific on ppm depending on what type of seeds . Some will have no effect at 500 , can kill at 1000 ppm , do very well at 750 ppm ?

I have read multiple times 200 ppm is a good dilution for cannabis ?

Anyone have input or have personally used Gibberellic ?

I’m considering one seed out of 5 ?

7 Likes

Your an awesome brother @dequilo

Definitely be keen on getting some of those if you make beans

7 Likes

@st0na I am going to make some of these to share over the summer

need to buy a couple of packs

first I want to do a run of Road Kill Skunk beans

to share

9 Likes

Have heard these are good to very good yeilds off them @dequilo

7 Likes

I really appreciate the offer ! I just don’t want to accept and not be able to deliver the goods . I will return the offer some day . Thanks

7 Likes

@crazy4coco it was @dequilo that offered sorry not me he is a good fulla that @dequilo top man on that offer

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up !
I’m cell phone illiterate. Yes what a great offer that’s what makes the cannabis community awesome. I wish I had a better plant count I would have jumped on that offer .
KEEP IT GREEN GROWMIES !

5 Likes

I have Giesel bx which is said to carry that old Skunk smell and taste… I’ve yet to pop any, but will do so this spring…
And seek out the best two of 15 and do some preserving and sharing!

7 Likes

Alguds brother and yea would be awesome to jump on that offer @crazy4coco

4 Likes