Will the real #1 Skunk please be in that seed!

I had to give this situation it’s own Topic
We have a situation!
Been out of the seen a while so I’m pretty excited about these seeds . 30 years ago in this area there were two types of weed . Mexican dirt weed and green bud . About 90 percent was skunk x1 and I had kept seeds for ever rated 5-10 and all premium mostly skunk . I would put a piece of paper in the vial with the number on it .
I few weeks back had a discussion with my wife how you never smell that skunk anymore .
Anyway while looking for my ph meter found a 35 mm film canister . Opened it 10 beautiful striped seeds that are possible the real deal with a piece of paper and a 10

?
They are between 15-30 years old .
If not the skunk it’s an old Indica strain .
Everyone cross your fingers and toes ! I’m dropping 5 today and hoping for germination ? I know its a long time but really feel these may be viable . There in an air tight container kept in the bottom of a dark drawer indoors the whole time ?

17 Likes

To improve germination, try soaking them in distilled water with about an 1/8 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide. Looking forward to this situation! Lol!

11 Likes

…will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Am worried about temps hurting the seeds than moisture being in air tight containers. But ya will be fine i hope u find the real slim shady in them 5.

10 Likes

Remember to take clones just in case.

10 Likes

@crazy4coco one of the 1st real skunk strains i smoked over 20yrs ago mate had that and afghani he grafted them together most beautiful smoke and ass kicker tasted like skunk #1 but gave you the kick of afghani never really knew about pollen chucking and that back then was grow smoke grow again have been trying to find the original for years fingers crossed you got it that strain bro

10 Likes

Some good advice there @nacho151 something i do

9 Likes

helps to soften the seeds shell :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is very exciting! Haven’t seen anything this exciting on the forum in a while! :star_struck:

11 Likes

Soaking in distilled water with hydrogen peroxide
The count down begins ! Come on return if the skunk bud !

9 Likes

You gotta’ remember to take stems and make clones!
…so please stand up the real slim shady ba😄

10 Likes

good skunk #1

9 Likes

Cheers @dequilo night have to look into these

7 Likes

I miss that old school skunk that smelled up the room when you walked in with some.

9 Likes

Nothing yet
We still have floaters
I’m pulling them at 24 hrs and setting them up on paper towels in a humid dome .
Let it be let it be
Let it beeeee let it be !
Seeking words of wisdom LET IT BE !

9 Likes

I read an article where old timers would bite the seed to crack the outer husk
I wouldn’t try that ! Just thought it was interesting .

8 Likes

Exactly
We would be nervous as hell with it on you .
We would double bag it , carry it in jars ,
You fired one at a party and people would sniff you out lol .

9 Likes

they make seed crackers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

*soaking seeds

7 Likes

Wishing you the very best with that. Haven’t seen real Skunk since the 80s. @crazy4coco

7 Likes

Best of luck keep us posted !

7 Likes