Window blackout material suggestions please?

Alright everyone! Can anyone suggest anything to Use to black my windows out with out having to buy full blackout blinds please.

I want to use a material that I can cut to size and simply tape to the windows 🪟

Here’s the window type they should be easy to do but has to be blackout or no point is there

2 Likes

Aluminum foil works great, if you don’t mind how it looks. Black 1/4"-3/16" foam craft board would probably work.

2 Likes

Black cardboard paper tapped up with black duct tape @Marbsbuds.
I just had to do the same thing with all my windows in my grow room. I got the cardboard sheets from Fred Meyer’s for $1.50 a piece. They were 24"×48".
I’ve used tinfoil in the past, but this looks alot nicer!!
:v:

3 Likes

Your window will look like its tinted on the outside @Marbsbuds.
:v:

3 Likes

if you dont want to scream something illegal is going on here dont use black or silver. i used white contact paper on the window because i can pull it off and then used a black contractor bag on the inside of the window that no one can see from the outside… if i drive by and see silver in the window i am thinking drug house. lol

4 Likes

I use panda film for everything.
White one side black on the other

4 Likes

best answer yet

2 Likes

Thanks @pptrsha1

1 Like

i keep forgetting about panda film that is cleaner and looks less sketchy from outside

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I was going to ask a blinds shop to cut me some blackout blinds material the size of the windows because as mentioned above I don’t want it to look illegal my window is right on the street with the rental company right in the complex.

1 Like

you can always have reg blinds and then put the panda film over them on the inside

3 Likes

Thanks mate. I know this but I think I’ll just buy the blackout blinds material cut to size and tape it to the window.

2 Likes

@marsbuds suggestion: window film (home depot/lowes) trim to fit & paint it. Clings onto glass real easy. No mess or damage when you remove it.

3 Likes

Thanks @maryjane13 do you know if they do blackout versions of this?

1 Like

@Marbsbuds Amazon sells blackout window film😊

2 Likes

Thanks maryjane

2 Likes

Hydrofarm Black hatch zipper door…40 bucks from Nate over at Growers House…I just put one up on my closet door very good material and it took about 3 minutes to install…the zipper will come in handy if you need to access the window

4 Likes