Would you be interested in growing high quality products without artificial lighting?

All plastics have a proper disposal process which, drastically increases it biodegradability, either with heat and/ or solvents/chemicals

1 Like

Typical greenhouse plastic is some form of polyethylene which blocks UV ray, as does glass. In addition, polyethylene when exposed to ambient solar radiation it produces two greenhouse gases, methane and ethylene.. And because it blocks the UV only lasts approx. 3 yrs. in the sun. Because my plastic passes UV, it doesnā€™t break down and after 25 yrs of testing in the Florida sun, it shown no signs of degradation or stretching.

There is no video just Lab reports; see attachmentFEP Light Specs.pdf (1.1 MB)

With your content in the past few days, one can easily deduce that you are a proponent of eliminating plastic production on this planet. Thatā€™s drastic thinking to me. So i simply brought another drastic measure to the table; to punish the polluters and not the manufactures which you propose.

The only thing I want is being eco-responsible. Iā€™m not proposing anything drastic, but we have to wake up and think about our (everybody) impact. I am not advocating the demise of anything, Iā€™m trying to debate the ecological value of your product.
@devjyarn made some truly valid points. And even you had some good points.

2 Likes

visit uvedge.com

2 Likes

I was going to ask what % of the 200-600nm rangeā€¦ close enoughā€¦lolā€¦

Interesting debateā€¦ I am more influenced by @devjyarnā€™s repliesā€¦ then yours @inrecoā€¦ please donā€™t take a slightā€¦ as a Production Team lead looking after a team in an oil refinery and in an chemical plantā€¦ I get that plastics are not going anywhere soonā€¦ nor should theyā€¦ we just have to get more responsible in our disposalā€¦etcā€¦

2 Likes

That didnā€™t answer my question. Are you really suggesting I ask someone else?

I have a hard time with a site that is so full of grammatical errorsā€¦ hard to take you serious and reminds me of click baits on social mediaā€¦

3 Likes

97% of the suns complete spectrum including UV (100nm-400nm). But UVC (100nm-280nm) doesnā€™t pass thru the earths atmosphere.

https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/extended-range-pfd-sensors/

This might be of use in your testing and promotions.

1 Like

This unit falls short of the complete UV spectrum that cannabis needs for THC production (280nm-400nm) but it will read the 400nm-700nm) needed for photosynthesis.
I also attached the spec sheet for my greenhouse plastic. See page 22 for the light transmission details.

fep_specs.pdf (163 KB)