Yellowing leaves

Hello new grower here. I grew 2 of these pineapple autos this one with the yellowing I topped it and other I didn’t. The other is harvested no issues. This monster has been yellowing more and more for 3 weeks or so. I can’t get it straight. I’ve turned the lights down and gave it extra nutrients based on a .50 ec reading and a successful friend grower suggesting it from my pics and info. Any advice or suggestions? Or is this just normal for the plant getting so big? Todays reading 1.0 ec and 5.7 ph.
Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Maybe @TheMadFlascher could answer your question. What type soil and nutrients are you using?

4 Likes

More potassiumy friend

2 Likes

Once the cell dies it’s very hard to regain so you could remove some

1 Like

Welcome Growmie!

Without knowing more than that, I think that beast is probably getting ready for harvest. Take a real close look at the trichomes. Even if she’s still throwing out new pistils, the trichomes will tell you what you need to know when it comes to the effect you’re looking for.

How many days has it been since she popped out of the dirt?
How many days (after popping the dirt) did you harvest the first pineapple auto?

I’m going to ask a few more people for their opinion… @mudman @happilyretired @PreyBird1 @repins12 @LoCoRocK @defnsmokn @kapouic @mrwonderful @hoppiefrog @happyhippy What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

Need more information.

2 Likes

Those leaves are telling the story…Your EC looks quite low and as you say they have been getting more and more yellow for the last 3 weeks. You need to understand that once flowering and bud expansion begins there is tremendous nutrient demand, IMHO your EC should be 1.5-2.0.

What you are witnessing is called nutrient robbing…the plant isn’t receiving the EC required to supply ample nutrients, so the plant is pulling that nutrient from your leaves…

Welcome to Growers Network and I wish we had gotten you earlier! There are a LOT of great growers here that can help you with any aspect of growing. After this grow I hope you stick around and sorry you got some bad advice…a EC of .50-.70 is usually used with a plant from large seedling to maybe 3 weeks in veg… You’re still going to get bud at harvest but it will probably suffer in density (bud weight) and you may give up a little potency…good luck @bradtdesign, hope you pull it out!!!

7 Likes

I was gonna say, it looked like it was consuming/cannibalizing itself. Possibly getting close to end of life cycle? As far as the numbers, I’ve never been a number chaser, my self and just feed when they tell me they are hungry :v:t4:

7 Likes

And if that’s soil pH is too low for my liking as well. I’d do some 7/7.5 watering for it to uptake that nitrogen and K… There is however no doubt she isn’t getting her fill having that much yellow with so such white pistils still.
You might want to flood your page with information to help with some proper diagnosing. Lights, soil/coco, #'s, dates -start of flower, anything above and beyond what you think is helpful. Nice chatting … Keep it green!!!

5 Likes

Ecs to low.

2 Likes

This is just a gauge, but as you see your plants want more.

4 Likes

So thanks for all the info!
I took a step back and left it alone for a couple days as I wanted to exclude over watering. I had been flooding from the bottom using a auto pot device in my flood mat. I don’t believe it was level so i think it over watered. After I dried it out good I gave a good feed to everyone’s recommends, also added some kelp and silica for the stress. It seems to be working! The yellow is dying off but there’s a lot of new green. I will need to work the kinks out with this auto pot device to prevent over watering. Sound like everyone was right to some degree, as it is at that stage when it can yellow during flowering too. I’ll send pics after harvesting.
Thanks!

2 Likes