Yet another newbie with first timer questions

I to use so hum soil but it kills sprouts so you have to use the starter soil. Coast of Maine makes a nice starter soil for a seedlings. I highly recommend it, I went through a couple of dead sprouts to figure that one out

4 Likes

Hi @amsterdamrocks thanks for the update and your babies are coming along nice. :smiley: In the pics I can see dry spots in your soil. When I water I make sure all of the soil is damp because roots reach everywhere.

So last Saturday I transplanted all of the seedlings into the pots with the SoHum soil and the Blumats. I think I was seeing some real nutrient deficiencies on some of them, so even though the stems were still a little weak and the leaves small, I took the chance. When I took them out of the solo cups there was some really good root structure in all of them.

I’m amazed at what 1 week has done. The browning on the leaves on the bottom right got pretty bad at first but is now going away fairly quickly.

I had popped these extra seeds a little over a couple weeks ago when I thought I was going to lose some of the others. Now I think they are going to catch up with the rest!!

The Blumats are working great! I haven’t manually watered these at all except when I first transplanted them.

2 Likes

Amazing changes in a week.

So last weekend I amended with a gallon of water with 2 tablespoons of Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest (split across all 6 pots).

Otherwise the Blumats are working great! I haven’t manually watered these plants at all. Going through about 2 1/2 gallons every 3 days.

I think they look awesome. One concern though, one plant is showing these light brown spots. Any idea what this is from and how to correct?

Note in the big picture, this is first thing in the morning after 6 hours in the dark. They look this way every morning, but always perk up once the lights come on.

1 Like

Best wishes to you from the other side of the state line.

Looking for some advice. So while the plants seem to be thriving and I think I’m about 2 - 3 weeks from starting to harvest (getting lots of sticky buds), I’ve been fighting some discoloration on the leaves for a while.

So I’m using SoHum living soil, but for the last couple of weeks and started lightly amending with Herculean Harvest (Nectar From The Gods), some Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus and Recharge Microbial Superpack. My thought was a calcium deficiency, but this doesn’t seem to help. I’m still seeing leaves yellowing and getting brown spots. This is happening from top to bottom of the plants.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks

1 Like

I just about harvested last weekend, but decided to wait one more week. This Saturday will be 10 weeks from when the seeds went in the ground. I’m looking mostly at the pistils browning up. I have a 40x jewelers loop but bad eyes so I can’t really see if the trichomes are clear or white.

I am getting worried that the plants are not going to make it though with all of the yellowing of the leaves! I know at the end, as the plant uses up the last of its resources that the leaves should change some, but wow this is a lot of yellow and red!

1 Like