Yet another power supply!?!

Part of our approach is to get people to reuse what they already have (our controller moto is “making your dumb kit smarter” ) as such we chose not to include a 5v Micro USB power supply as standard and made it an optional extra. Trying our bit to reduce the clutter, something we believe is worth making a point about.

Given how common place these types of power supplies are these days, most of us have old phone chargers in a drawer, do you expect it to be included as standard or not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Meh couldn’t care either way

0 voters

2 Likes

I go through cords on a monthly basis.

So I’m always looking for a good hookup.

If there are two identical products on the shelf where one has the cord and the other one does not which one would you buy?

4 Likes

We get an interesting mix of responses, almost 50/50 in terms of it being a must have. As the optional extra seems to satisfy the broadest number of people.

4 Likes

While I am inclined to say that I expect it to be included in the packaging (and was a bit curious when I opened up mu Minder packaging only to discover the power supply absent), I also believe in sustainable solutions to common problems. I like this idea to minimize clutter! Thanks for the explanation @PLGrowSystems!

2 Likes

Why are you so abusive to your cords, my bearded brother? :thinking:

I agree with you here @bryan.eden, but at what point do you just have TOO many of those micro USB cords? I must have a drawer with 30 of them at this point!

I was stoked when I was finally able to use one of the spare cords I had laying around for my Minder.

That being said, @PLGrowSystems, I think when it comes to e-commerce, you should be very explicit in your online checkout to have folks be able to opt in/out of the cord. Even have a window before a buyer even can enter card info that explains the no-cord philosophy. This will save on much confusion in the future. There’s my two cents.

3 Likes

This right here would solve any doubt that I would have about making my purchase.

And ya I do go through them a lot more than the normal consumer. Can I blame it on my fiancee? How about the cat? Lol!

@PLGrowSystems I do enjoy the initiative you are taking as a company to get feedback from the consumers. Keep it up guys.

2 Likes