You dont want to know what i call this

you’re bloody awesome lol. if no one told you, you did an awesome job :slight_smile:

6 Likes

if you ever get a craving check out that recipe! you will love it i promise!!

6 Likes

well monday i get to go back to the ortho doc. @happilyretired i had an emg to find out why my shoulder replacement caused me to lose feeling in half my hand. i have ulnar damage. the doc said it could have gotten jostled during the surgery. WTH. soooo it looks like 10 months to a year for the nerves to regenerate if they can. doesnt sound like a promise to me. i dumped a whole bowl of whip cream on my grandson thanksgiving because i thought i could hold the bowl. i was still laughing the next day. his face was so funny. i was trying to clean it up and howling laughing and apologizing. it looked like i threw it at him but i swear i did not. he is my favorite.

9 Likes

6 Likes

i saved it here because this is my home. :smiley:

7 Likes

You’re the best, trish! One cool rockin’ Grandma! We love ya! Stay medicated! :v:. :green_heart:.

3 Likes

I was at Lackland a bunch of my youth, you know this but I never did any others. I don’t remember hardly any of it but we got off base housing rather quickly when I was shipped back to the old man. That didn’t last anyways before I was back with nana. Ofcourse that’s air force too - :joy:the Panzy service right… lol
I think the pictures I form in my head of your antics is probably spot in T. Your grandson prolly enjoyed the whipped cream . Lol poor guy

7 Likes

my ma was Navy, my dad was Army, and between aunts and uncles and grandpas, i got basically every branch of the military in my family lol.
story time: my sis, 2 yrs my junior, was born in Germany. my mom had left the Navy shortly after I was born in D.C. and my good ol Pa was still in the Army a while longer. when they were coming back to the U.S., my dad thought it would be a great idea to send home a set of cowboy boots… with a brick of German hash in one of them and a brick of baking soda in the other. he never picked it up, according to my mom the place was swarming with cops n dogs. i was no older than 3 at the time lmao.

5 Likes

Man Germany must have good baking soda… winky face. winky face. lol
Even our old man’s are similar Kap. Apple don’t fall far right, good times! It’s nice to hear your type El Kappy! Be good :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

i was born at ft lee and ran as fast as i could away from ft riley after i got my diploma. you know the 13 diff schools before you graduate deal? my brother packed his bike full of pot when we left panama and had it shipped in my parents household goods back to the states. no wonder they hated us. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

thanks. i plan on staying high as long as i can. no pressure but since i cant grow i want to see your next grow kick ass! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

When your out, message me and ill hook you up😎. I’m just next door

5 Likes

thank! this is why i feel like you people are my family. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

5 Likes

The Secrets to the Best Ever, Perfect Southern Buttermilk Biscuits

Secret #1 - If you’re using a cast iron skillet, preheat the skillet, just as you do with Southern cornbread. Coat a cast iron skillet or with shortening, or butter or spray a rimmed baking sheet or cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat it in the oven just like with cornbread for about 5 minutes. I like to use an enamelware baking pan {affil link} these days and they do a beautiful job without preheating.

Secret #2 - Use very cold, self-rising flour, and for the best biscuits, use a soft, winter wheat flour - like White Lily brand - and yes, it does make a difference! Just stick the flour in a bowl in the freezer the night before you plan to make biscuits. Do not substitute all-purpose flour.

Secret #3 - Use very cold fat from the refrigerator. It can be lard, vegetable shortening or pure butter, but my preference is butter. If using butter, cut the very cold butter half into cubes. Cut into the flour first using two knives or a pastry cutter until crumbly. When first learning to make biscuits avoid using your hands.

Secret #4 - Use buttermilk. Real buttermilk, not a vinegar and milk substitute. All good Southern biscuits contain real buttermilk. Period. If you don’t tend to use buttermilk in your cooking, it will keep awhile, so just keep practicing on your biscuits with it and put some up in the freezer.

Secret #5 - Cold dough. Remember, a successful fluffy and light biscuit comes from keeping the dough cold and not handling it too much. The heat from your hands will melt the butter, so until you get to the point where you can literally mix and shape biscuits in about 5 minutes, use a gentle and soft touch because you do not want the dough to get warm!

Secret #6 - Folding. After quickly kneading, push the dough into a rectangle and fold the short sides in toward middle one on top of the other. Turn the dough, shape into a rectangle again and repeat. Repeat this folding once more for a total of three times and pat into desired thickness, usually about an inch or less.

If you cut the biscuits too thick, they will quickly rise and lean over. The dough folding action creates flaky layers in the biscuits. For the last biscuits you will need to gather the scraps. I shape the scraps and fold them again just as before.

Secret #7 - No twisting! Use a cutter about 2 to 3 inches in size {affil link} , cut them very close together and take care not to twist the biscuit cutter, whether it be a cutter or a juice glass, but only push down and lift up on the cutter. Twisting will cause the fibers in the edges of the biscuit to close and result in a flatter and more dense biscuit. So just press down and lift up - no twisting!!

Secret #8 - Spacing. I like to do my buttermilk biscuits in a skillet, like I do my cornbread, which produces a crunchy crust on the bottom and soft edges. You may also bake them on a half sheet, rimmed baking pan or in a small greased cake pan. For biscuits that have more crunch all the way around, space them about an inch apart from each other. For soft biscuits, place them close together.

8 Likes

Bookmarked!

4 Likes

it took me years to make biscuits like my grandma and this is the recipe! the flour was the most important part. :smiley: i keep white lily in my freezer

6 Likes

thought i’d share, 1 part decarbed cannabis flower to 3 parts flour = cannaflour :wink: so if you need 1 cup flour, it would be 1/4 cup cannabis and 3/4 cup flour. don’t cook above 340 F though

5 Likes

thats good to know. i tried a recipe and got it all wrong.

4 Likes

Trish got the best recipes! :+1:.
I’m just getting over being sick, so I’ll be starting soon. (or I would have by now) I couldn’t even check the community for a couple days…just too sick.
Feeling better now, so back to work! Got my tent all rearranged. Mounted my exhaust fan outside my tent, so much more room! Had to install a window fan to keep my room cool enough.
Getting pots ready tomorrow! I hope!
:v:. :green_heart:. & Happiness!

7 Likes

I am a marine brat. Taught me all kinds of stuff. Knots to things you need to know to survive. Lol. Vague.

7 Likes