7 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome man. Big plus. :+1:
Specially today. :clap::clap:

6 Likes

Congrats badass stuff @docdreā€¦ Now plant them LoL

6 Likes

Which method was use for that, @docdre? :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Wow what a historic day to be born what are we calling it now swazi420?

6 Likes

Hi @kapouic
It was from post nr #42

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

Congratulations brother, thatā€™s way killer cool!!!

4 Likes

@docdre Hey Doc, I think Iā€™m going to be covering this in the grower spotlight this weekend on my channel if youā€™re down. After all, it was a 420 miracle right?

6 Likes

Yes i think it was

5 Likes

Sorry to put a damper on the happiness.
But there is no sprouts as yet. Not even a tap root to see :disappointed_relieved: Not even the opened seed went any further.

So I started 15 new seeds the same way. But I added some of the Umya Multi Foliar Spray to add some Gibberellic acid to help.

Hopefully I can recreate the first opened seed.

NON OF THE OTHER SEEDS (previous methods) OPENED OR SPROUTED :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Damn keep trying. Can you crack some open and snap a pic so i can see them insides?

2 Likes

They are white. I have squeezed some this morning till they popped. Iā€™ll try and get some fotoā€™s.

3 Likes

So I decided to take all 3 the other containers with the Vermicompost bedding and remove the seeds.
IMG-20200423-WA0014
I then soaked them in 3% H2O2. To clean them of that whiteā€™ish mold. The solution bubbled all the mold off.
IMG-20200423-WA0012
After that, I started to press them from the side to crack them open. @PreyBird1 I found that between my middle finger and thumb give me the best pressure control over the seeds. Here are some intestines :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
IMG-20200423-WA0007
IMG-20200423-WA0006
IMG-20200423-WA0017
IMG-20200423-WA0016
IMG-20200423-WA0015
IMG-20200423-WA0011
Damm itā€™s difficult to get nice shots of things this small.
From all 3 containers, there was only 7 that ā€œsurvivedā€ the squeezing, rot and being dead. Most of the seeds was black and dried out. The 7 that are left, are the ones that still looks to be okay or alive. But lets hope for better chance, now that the husks are cracked and some seeds open.
IMG-20200423-WA0018
Paper towel, plate, humidity dome and straight to the heat mat.
Other than that, the seeds in the kitchen cupboard, still doesnā€™t have anything new to report. Dampened the paper towel and reinflated the bag.
IMG-20200423-WA0009

4 Likes

On the other hand. I had a good day yesterday. I got some amendments from my nutrients supplier Vaughn at NaturesNursery and I bought a :south_africa: South African cross from Witblitz Genetics.

But Vaughn was nice enough to give me another strain for a other :south_africa: South African breeder.
DeamonKiller Genetics.

But look, at the Lineage. I think this will cure my Swazi Blues for Sureā€¦

7 Likes

Molding put a stop to the seeds that I had still running. So I decided to stop everything for now. I need to sprout something to get the baby blues away and then Iā€™ll try to sprout some more fossils againšŸ˜œ

7 Likes

Was just looking for a topic, information on this. Loosing genetics like russians are losing tanks. Some of the seeds are strangely not old, less than a year.

4 Likes

If seeds are clean and dry, the best thing to do is put them in a vacuum seal bad and remove as much air as possibleā€¦put them in the freezer and keep them darkā€¦

Looking at this thread it looks like the seeds were stored in a zip lock bag and I donā€™t see any evidence they were frozenā€¦if exposed to air over a long period the ā€˜germā€™ will oxidize and cease to be viable.

Itā€™s too bad that genetics was lostā€¦

3 Likes

I hear you @TheMadFlascher. I have always kept my seeds in in a cool, dry and sealed place. However never extracted air from the bags, tubs etc. Anyway have found a couple solutions like in this post to continue trying.

2 Likes

The world genetic seed banks are located in a mountain and are kept freezing cold, and humidity regulated. I have kept and have 20 yo seed that still sprouts. I put them in the fridge in glass vials with seals and screw on lids then in another glass container and keep them there, for a couple days then into the freezer, when I do take out seeds I quickly find what Iā€™m after get the amount I want, then put them in the fridge again for a couple of days. It just made sense to me that it wouldnā€™t be as much of a shock to go cold then to freezing and then reverse that. I have zero knowledge that it helps or not lol, just the way I have been doing it. And it seems to work. If I thaw them out I leave them in the fridge, I donā€™t put them in and out of the freezer.

When I get new seed I put them in the freezer even if I plan to sprout them in the near future, lots of plants like what we grow is genetically programmed to go through a freeze thaw cycle just like they do in nature. Itā€™s not required with cannabis, but some seeds will not sprout unless they get frozen first then thawed.

Marty

3 Likes