16 Year Old Swazi Seeds

Some Warm Water Advice from the GN Forum.

3 Likes

One could try a Euklonia Maximus kelp seed soak for optimal germ potential…it’s amazing the results one could find

3 Likes

Thanks @dollhouz for your input.
Currently the Umya Multi Kelp that I use, has Ecklonia maxima in plus Laminaria digitate and Ascophyllum nodosum.

3 Likes

Following a idea given by the video’s @Ladithief suggested I checkout.
Adding a cardboard box over the heat mat, to distribute heat more evenly, It Works :muscle:

I placed it in the box last night to test out before posting it for you guys. It makes quite a difference in distributing the heat more evenly.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

I have been checking around YouTube for more interesting ways to germinate seeds.
If have been lying on the bed for hours today watching other people sprout seeds.
Here is the only interesting one sofar. Most of the methods, are the same or very slightly different.
It’s a long process sifting through so many video’s.

The guy is using this method to grow small green. But I’m just interested in the sprouting part of his growing idea.

5 Likes

I think we can safely say that this video confirms my idea from the previous video, growing the greens on the screen with a airstone in water below. Just for the germination part.

This video’s drip method is just a waste of water.

6 Likes

@Ladithief
It was this one of 87 year old Tomatoes Right?

4 Likes

So till today nothing els happened with the seeds, except some white’ish mold growing on some seeds.
So I took them out of their containers and sterilised them in a H202.

After they got all clean, I placed them on a layer Vermicompost and back onto the heat mat (sprouting method from the pressure vessel method). Its just to make sure if one of them are a late sprouter, I can still revive something out of all these seeds.

All 16 of them.

4 Likes

After I took out the first batch of unsprouted seeds. I started with 10 more seeds, but split into 2 methods. So 5 seeds per test.
First I scuffed all 10 seeds in my matchbox scuff box, for about a minute.

The I placed 5 of them in the fridge for 3 days (The cold treatment or freezer method).
I will sterilize them when the come out on Wednesday. I will sprout them on a layer of Vermicompost aswell.

I placed the other 5 in a H202 solution for a couple of minutes and then took them out and placed them in the pressure vessel with a mixture of Umya Multi Kelp, 1 tsp of brown sugar.

I then placed the whole bottle inside a ice cream tub. The ice cream tub, I filled it with hot tap water and will change it every 2 hours or so. Midnight tonight they come out of the container.

I really don’t know why there is a airstone in the original design :man_shrugging:. Because it only produces air bubbles till the vessel is pressurized, then the air pump struggles. So I clamped of the line so that it keeps the pressure inside. Also I don’t want to loose my air pump now.

At midnight tonight I will take them out of the bottle and put them on a layer of Vermicompost and on to the heat mat.
The instructions for this method was NOT to use the “Paper Towel Method” for sprouting.

5 Likes

Millions of great and positive vibes sent your way Doctor!

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-6x3LUIs6B/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

3 Likes

Yes… thats one…so see if @spyrul has an answer for this too…I have a bunch of old seeds if he needs them to try on his youtube channel…lol… these ones are from late 70’s early 80’s…lol…

3 Likes

He has this one

2 Likes

So at midnight (12 hour pressurized soak) I took the seeds out of the pressure vessel. All the seeds dropped :muscle:

I placed the seeds in a container with a layer of Vermicompost and then on to the heat mat, where the first batch of seeds have been chilling the whole day.

Weird enough even after the dip in the H2O2 solution this afternoon. It looks like 2 seeds started to mold up abit. I will give them time till morning and then decide what to do or maybe just to remove the moldy seeds completely.
So now we wait …

5 Likes

Cmon little girls wake up!

6 Likes
4 Likes

A little NIC happening…lol…

3 Likes

Hey @Ladithief what do you mean by “NIC” happening?

2 Likes

I checked up on the seeds this morning. Nothing yet to report. Except I removed 2 seeds out of the first batch of seeds, because of white’ish mold :man_facepalming: on the seeds.
I really hope I get something out of that bag of old seeds to grow.

4 Likes

Natural Insect Control…lol… it’s a good thing not a new cannabis disease…lol…the above grub grenade in the video…lol…also known as IPM-Integrated Pest Management

3 Likes