1st. Time Octopot Grow Granddaddy P & Northern Lights

Hi everyone to start.

Tent - 48x48x80
Light - HLG QB132 V2 Quantum Boards 3000k. 8 Boards in use DIY project last year.
With dimmable ballasts mounted outside of the tent for better heat control.
Ac Infinity S6/T6 exhaust fans.
Both dehumidifier and humidifier used outside of tent controlling room environment that tent is in.
2 - 6gal. Octopots with reservoir.
Soil - FF Coco Loco
Nutes - Coco Connoisseur Grow part A & B.
Plants - Granddaddy Purple (1) - Northern Lights (1) by ILGM.

So a little about me. This will make my 5th grow. Been happy with my turnouts at the end of each season. I’m the only smoker in the house. Wife might it it once in a while but not much.
Anyway. I germinated seeds back on 11- 6 and 2 days both cracked open. Both started out growing but the the NL seed just stopped and never started coming out of its shell. On the 10th I pitched it and started a new one. 10hrs later it was open and starting its life. On the 11th they went into cups and used a different Coco coir that I had. On 11-13 they sprouted. Started doing ok but as they got bigger started noticing problems. By the 28th I made the choice and put them into their pots. Glad I did. Mistake I made. No kind of nutes in the Coco coir or a lack of them. Within days they picked up and now on their way.

I know some pics suck. Sorry.
Next was when they went into the pots and you can see some of the issue I was having.

Next ones are taken today. Looking pretty good. Lights are about 12in above plants.

Will post more as they get bigger. Plan on going to scrog both. This will make my first time doing both a Coco coir in a hybrid system.
Well thanks for taking the time to read this. This will my first grow for here. Hoping to post many more here.

13 Likes

Looks like theyre coming around nicely! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hoping they grow up to be big happy girls.

3 Likes

Hi @Robmi

Welcome to GN and great to see your journal from the start. You have lovely strains and a wicked setup. Looking forward to seeing some fine ladies blooming in the near future. Happy growing.

3 Likes

Awesome! I have been using Octopots for two years now. It is my preferred vessel using Coco Loco :v:t2: I have two Blueberry Auto’s running right now.

New to this forum. Getting my feet wet.

I am doing a product review on these CLW SolarXtreme lights. Not a huge fan…

4 Likes

I also ran a Sour D using Coco Loco in an air pot. She gets the choppity chop in an hour :+1:t2:

I run Current Culture DWC as well :rofl: Here is my Maui Wowie. One week left.

7 Likes

Sweet lil setup. Never pitch seeds away especially from ilgm. They will send u out good seeds if they dont do good from the start. Lol. Besides ive seen someone throws duds in a pot with dirt and sometimes gets a random bean will pop up.

2 Likes

I’ve contacted ILGM before about seeds not germinating. Like their policy. They’ve sent out new seeds to me before.

4 Likes

I have 4 so far that did not germ once i poo the other 3 i have and see what happens with them ill send the bad ones back and they send out new ones to replace them. They r super about covering seeds that dont germ.

2 Likes

ILGM has one of the best germination guarantees in the business. ILGM US breeders pump some killer seeds out :+1:t2:

My Showcase grows have all been ILGM

4 Likes

Bought these seeds over year and a half ago. Not sure if their policy would have covered them still. When Mi legalized it i went wild buying seeds from them. Keep them stored in my fridge with rice in a dark container. Have many different strains. First grow i did was with Bruce Banner. Love that strain.

3 Likes

If u still have the info for the beans they will cover it. It took that long to be able to get to them all is all u jave to say. They will cover it for u for sure.

2 Likes

I keep all my receipts from them. I’ll have to check it out and see what happens.
Thanks

2 Likes

Well they certainly look healthy…first time I’ve seen those Octopots. I have seen similar systems, but I never had any luck with those (been around forever) all in one bottom feed/water pots for indoor house plants so never considered them for growing smoke. What size are they (gallons) ?

3 Likes

Mine are 6gal containers.

3 Likes

The fabric holds 6 gallons of Coco/Perlite and the reservoir is 6 gallons :+1:t2:

Works unbelievably great :v:t2:

1 Like

In yours @poseidon. Do you have the reservoir that comes with them? I noticed something on top of the water. Can’t say slime. Maybe a alge from the warm tent. I keep the lid on so no light gets to the water. Noticed it this morning.

2 Likes

Yeah, they will do that. Make sure to use Hydroguard in your reservoir to combat biological slime :v:t2:

1 Like

Cool. Thanks. I’ll have to pick some up. Was a little worried about it.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

You are welcome! Don’t buy too much… it has a shelf life :wink: I have wasted more money on that shit…

1 Like