2nd Grow for a Newbie

Newbie here in MO. Been on here lurking during my first grow, decided to jump into the water and get my feet wet. I wanted to hi to all and especially those growers in Missouri. I am going to post my grow from this round and hope I can get some suggestions and help if needed.

My setup is a Hydro Plus Indoor Grow Tent 60’‘x48’‘x80’’, with 2 VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter, Humidifier, Heater, 4 Kosheal Led 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, everything controlled by inkbird controllers plus several fans and a CO2 set up with 2 large tanks. Air Pots from a Pot for Pot, For my second grow I will be switching from Coco Coir and Advanced Nutes to 50% Peat, 50% Vermiculite, with Dolomitic Lime 40 Grams Per Cubic Ft, Gypsum Pellets 10 Grams Per Cubic Ft, and Diamatious Earth 40 Grams Per Cubic Ft. For my nutes I will only be using Jacks 20-10-20 fertilizer only. Bruce Bugbee is a professer at University of Utah that has extensive experience in growing Cannabis. I found this information very interesting as he provides information that I think will be very useful. Here a link if you care to view.
Maximizing Cannabis Yields with Dr Bruce Bugbee - YouTube

My first grow was successful but I learned a lot about growing Cannabis. I ended up with a lot of popcorn buds and a few large buds as well. However I have learned to new LST and HST tricks and am using this information on my 2nd grow that i have started to grow beginning 3 weeks ago. I will post my progress as I progress through this grow. Any help/suggestion I can get is welcomed and appreciated.

11 Likes

Nice :+1: and glad you finally posted you lurker lol.
12dbbrCzgYw4yQ

Hell i lurked for like a month! I was all paranoid and freaked out about joining because the site looked like it was for professional growers only. It almost turned me away from here years ago. Im in a not legal state* all your equipment sounds good except those lights? I dont know of that brand. I bet your popcorn buds came from the lights?? We want to see your set up so we can help and maybe suggest things for you that will help. Lst is gonna help a lot! Even canopy is what were after here. So you have a 4x5x7’ tent?

6 Likes

Thank you and I am in a NON legal state as well. I just modified my post to include a link to a little information from a Professor at U of U that grows Cannabis that Im going to try for this grow. Check it out you may find it interesting. I know I did. Hope to get better as this as I go.

5 Likes

Hey now, we’re legal in MO! What part are you in? There are a couple of us west of STL. I guess legality depends on your cultivation license or not. :shushing_face: we won’t tell!

Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Damn bro, you were paranoid because it looked like all pros? How do you think us real beginners felt? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I got in trouble here in 1990. Went to jail on probation and parol. Had to go substance abuse classes at state orderd mental health clases. Drug test parole officers coming to your house. All over smoking a bowl! My homie was 17 i was 18. I got charged as an adult and aiding and abedding a minor! Yeah this state i live in is a police state!

7 Likes

Yes we do. Im doing my best to stay off radar. Personal use only here. To old and good looking to go to jail now. Im 71. I like my freedom. Hell I live to close to Hwy Patrol here not to be as careful as possible.

7 Likes

What sate if you dont mind? 8m in Utah ewww.

3 Likes

I live in what is considered Southeast Missouri. I have license to smoke. Only grow what I can consume myself.

6 Likes

Southeast Missouri Here

4 Likes

Nice i want to move to TN. I can get a hemp liscence there. And have my other grows hidden away from the hemp. And land is cheap there.

3 Likes

This is what my girls look like the last of Last week. Here they are only 3 weeks old and I have already topped the plants and starting LST next week. I know many will say it’s to early but I have had good luck keeping them short in the pot. I like another poster here I like my girls short and fat. HAHA. Not human girls though, actually just the opposite. And this will be getting ONLY Jack’s Professional 20-10-20 for this grow for Nutes. Nothing else.

9 Likes

Is that tent a double? Looks like it has a separate flood tray on the floor. Also those cords on the floor should go outside the flood trays in case any water was to get onto the cords. That metalic reflective stuff can conduct electricity. I zip tie a surge protector to the top of the tent and run all my cords up. If not around the trays. Sorry hope i dont sound lecturing like lol.

5 Likes

I like to use low wattage lights but close to the plants to slow them down.

4 Likes

Those cords are in a separate trays, However your suggestion will be implemented. I actually didn’t realize the material was conductive. Oversight on my part. Thanks

5 Likes

No worries and depending on brand they can be plastic coated first and may not be conductive Ive spilled shit on the cords doing stupid things.

4 Likes

Seems like we are all prone to mistakes and oversights, That’s why I’m here. To Learn.

7 Likes

Also my other thinking is cords on the bottom are like tiny little highways for pests to sneak in. And if the up high where the lights are and the fikter pulls hot air out. That area is far more in hospitable to an insect at that temperature zone.

4 Likes

Mistakes are the spice of life! I learn real quick when i have to Re-do or if i break it. I hate that stuff. And i live to learn things and use tools and make things also.

Edit: i rebuild things, i fabricate things i need. Im a mechanic and much more. If it can be done i want to learn how to do it myself!

5 Likes

My temp in the tent runs a temp from 77 to 86. Set controller to 83. And I have done what I can to keep pests at bay with treatment from my local exterminator. I also plan to implement the use of some natural predators (Praying Mantis) into the grow. Waiting on the egg sac’s now. After grow will move the little buggers to a separate environment to use again.

7 Likes