2nd Grow for a Newbie

I like to read a lot of threads here. If you want to read stuff someone has written this is the best ppace.

1. Touch the persons avatar.
  2. Then Touch it again it gets bigger.
  3. Select activity and then topics.
6 Likes

Thanks, learning to use this site to my full benefit. :grinning:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a professional vetted side?

6 Likes

Yes and this is the homegrowers side. We cant respond there. Could you imagine having people that have no idea how to grow or being new to the industry trying to ask proffesional growers loads of silly questions. Yeah they keep out home growers. But you can read there threads. Explore the 3 green bars on the upper right of the screen. And the left side of the screen.

7 Likes

Oh I could imagine. Was just thinking ad you said, Iā€™m sure some great reading! Appreciate it!

5 Likes

Isnā€™t learning fun? Prey put it so elegantly but I prefer right to the punch - I gotta screw it up or kill it to learn my lesson. Missouri huhā€¦ Thats middle of the map somewhere & landlocked isnt it? I gotta have waterā€¦ Well that and warm weather too cold donā€™t like me. Anywhoozers welcome to the site and congrats on the little ones pushing up. Get up some more pics so we can ogle. Never have too many as well all love checking out what everyone can do and offering helpful tips if we see anything and get ideas from others as well. Try and get pics in real light though, that blurple light makes it impossible to see clearly. Youā€™ve really dove into this hobby and thatā€™s so great to see. Very coolā€¦ keep it green!!!

6 Likes

Thanks LoCoRocK I look forward to getting more experience. I have a friend from Washington that moved down here very close to me that has been growing for years. He lends his expertise to my grow since he doesnā€™t have his equipment any longer. Heā€™s my age 71 and he even got seeds from a friend of his that are from Willie Nelson since they are close friends, But my friend has yet to share seeds but has shared the end result with me and I was couch locked for some time. Anyway Iā€™ll quit rambling. Yes I live in Misery I mean Missouri and yes itā€™s land locked, and itā€™s getting cooler here as we speak.

6 Likes

I love your screen name. :wink::+1:t3:.
Looks like youā€™re off to a good start to me. Iā€™ll be following along. :+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks, I too am Happily Retired, 71, I didnā€™t have a clue what to choose for my name so I searched my mind for another subject and combined my taste for that with my newly acquired taste for Growing girls, So when they come time to flip to flower. I just flp the girls over, the first three are my initials.

Flp

6 Likes

Black Widow Femā€™s. End of 4th Week. To me they look good they are @ 7.5 inches tall and one on left is 12 in girth. The other is 10 3/4 girth. I trimmed up only the bottom leaves that were laying on the clay beads. My ferts measured at 1.27 going in and 1.37 run off, Ph was 6.8 out. TDS were at 419 out. I think Iā€™m am doing ok as far as controlling the heat between 77 and 86 and Humidity between 40% and 60%. IF anyone sees anything that doesnā€™t look right or some suggestions. Add your suggestions. Im in this to learn and get better. My goal is to produce a good product at the end and to get the know how to recognize issues before they happen.

5 Likes

Has anyone seen this happen before and does anyone have any idea what happened here. This was my first attempt to CLONE a Black Widow. I read quite a few articles on Cloning and they pretty much state the same thing. However my clone turned out like this. Its not an autoflower the mother plant was from a Black Widow Feminized seed. As you can see it less than 12" tall and is flowering. Light schedule is 18 and 6. Has me by the Eustachian tubes. Any thoughts might help. And also it gets the same nutes the other plants do and they didnt do this. I am curios because this to me is curious. Note this is a regular wooden clothes pin, Not oversized.

5 Likes

This is the end of week 3 Veg. Looking very good to me and working on LST. Im going to be working on 4 mains stems to see if I cant get them to produce good along the lengh of each eliminating all the pop corn I got on the first grow. Anyone have any suggestions or comments please let me know. Thanks

5 Likes

If that is a clone off of the other black widow & in the same room that is @ 18 hours of light you have got a serious oddity on your hands. I mean like crazy odd. BUT I see green astroturf underneath it so Iā€™m thinking you put it outside. And if thatā€™s the case ā€¦ Then absolutely it would go straight to flower. We are at less then 12 hours of light right now, actually closer to 11. Outdoor harvest pretty much wrapping up and so that would explain that.

4 Likes

Yes that is a clone off the 1st grow of Black Widows. The clone I took was about 1/4 the size of what is is now. It is in a different room where the lights are on 18 and 6. It was never put into 12 and 12. It is my wifeā€™s plant room and the plan was just to let it grow in veg as long as it wanted since my wife thinks the plant is pretty. Anyway about 5 weeks ago it started blooming. The black widows are feminized but not auto flowering. I took care of this one just like the others for the first grow and they were fine and produced. So Iā€™m not sure what is going on with this one. Iā€™m just looking at it that mother nature had other plans. But any ideas about the cause would be appreciated. Since it was my first time attempt to clone I donā€™t want the same thing to happen to my next grow that I want to be clones.

3 Likes

Looking great, liking the visuals

1 Like

Well here are the girls at Week 4 of Veg. LST has continued. I am working both of them with different methods to see which one will produce better buds. One is going to have 4 main Colas, and the other will have 4 main colas with growth along the main stems producing additional colas along the mains. I may have not used the correct verbiage to describe what I am trying to do but Iā€™m trying and learning just the same. I havenā€™t let them grow tall and trying to keep them short during Veg cycle. My ECā€™s are 1.3 of the Mix and between 1.2 and 1.5 on the runoff. My Runoff PH has been between 6.1 and 6.8 over the past month. Runoff TDS has been between 755 and 640. I feel Iā€™m on the right track with this grow using very simple Peat Vermiculite Soil Mix using Jacks 20-10-20 fertilizer. I feel this is a lower cost and proven method for growing cannabis. The plants on this growth have been better managed and are in better shape than my first grow where I had no experience. So I think this will be a better crop with all things considered. Anyone with any comments or suggestions please feel free.

7 Likes

@flpmygirlsover for your second grow you seem to be killing it from what I can see keep at it, looks like good things in ya future at this rate cause the girls look really happy in your care :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you @ceez654, Iā€™m working on it. I am really enjoying learning and experimenting with this weed of a plant. I have never been able to grow anything in my past. Something I left to the wife since she has a green thumb. So wanted to grow my own without the help from the wife so I started researching how to grow this plant. Pretty soon I had an large investment into this project and couldnā€™t quit. So here we are. I feel good that I am keeping something alive. And the more I push these plants the more they seem to respond. Rewarding to me. At this point im kind of addicted to the process. Anyway, thank you for your encouraging comment. Have a good day.

4 Likes

Your plants are looking good. :wink::+1:t3:

1 Like

Thank you @happilyretired, I appreciate the compliment. I have looked at your journal and I want to also compliment you on your abilities and your past grows. Awesome setup with awesome outcome. I wish I could grow buds like the ones you have gotten. I canā€™t grow outside since I only sit about 100 yds from the Hwy Patrol here. Iā€™m doing my best to stay below the radar. Iā€™m too good looking to spend time in a 4 x 8. But i think your setup and results are awesome.

6 Likes