2nd Grow for a Newbie

You’re welcome. Things are looking good. I swing by and check on you all the time to see if you have any questions or concerns that I might be able to direct you in the right direction, you don’t seem to be having any trouble so just keep doing what you’re doing. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

A hundred yards damn. And i worry about the neighbors walking there dogs around. And accidentally smelling something?

3 Likes

Here it is Week 5 of Veg and I measured the plants this morning and due to all the LST my plants are getting shorter but getting wider, they are now 7 inches tall but 25 inches wide. They look good so I’m continuing to LST and manicure to get growth along the stems so it fills in the middle from the stalk to the ends of the stems. The one on the LEFT only has about 4 main stems with no growth along the stems. The plant on the RIGHT has 4 main stems with two of the stems have growth along them. I’m trimming off the growth from the bottom side of the stem keeping only the ones along the tops of the stems from Stalk to tip. I think my harvest will be better than last year as I let the plants do what they wanted to, This grow is being better managed from what I can tell. In the pic you will see the plant on the RIGHT has a couple bad leaves in the front. Don’t worry, I caught them in the vacuum hose and kind of made them look like bugs got em. BUT NO BUGS. JUST a clumsy person watering them. I was collecting the runoff from the plants when I got it.

7 Likes

Here is Week 6 and I have kept them short and spread out nicely. only 10" tall but 32" wide. Everything I want to bud is getting all the light it needs. I can feel this will be a better crop than the first grow.

6 Likes

Plants seem to be doing well. No deficiencies, Plants are still only using Jacks Professional
20-10-20 Fertilizer. I’ll update with measurements as soon as I get back up from downstairs. Plants are 16" high and 33" wide now leaves and stalks are very healthy and strong.

4 Likes

More pics of Week 7 Black Widows

7 Likes

End of Week 7 and tomorrow I flip them to flower. No deficiencies or abnormalities can be seen so far. Everything is on the mark as I see them. I know the pics are not the best but Then im no photographer. Any comments are welcomed. Installed first scrog net and they are peaking through the net after only one night. They are growing vigerously.

Thanks
@flpmygirlsover

7 Likes

First of all, I apologize for the coloring in the photo, I wasn’t trying to show anything other than the rate of growth, However, I will try to get a better photo out asap. The plants here are at the end of the first week of flower, Last week they were 16" high and 33" wide, at the end of the first week of flower they are now 22" high and 42" wide. At this point i have quit picking off suckers and foliage with respect to any bad leaves or any that are not getting any light. As so far, no burnt leaves or leaves showing over fertilizing or deficiencies. I know the picture has a lot to be desired as far as color, but trust me, the are looking good to me compared to my results of first grow.

@flpmygirlsover

5 Likes

Healthy looking grow! Are they all Black Widows? Lots of growth in 8 days!

2 Likes

Hello Mrwonderful.

Yes those are both black widows. And yes that is a lot of stretch for that many days. I have been using the same routine that the Univerisity of Utah uses to grow cannabis and most of all crops used there. Its straight Jack Professional 20-10-20 Fertilizer. I using Dr. Bruce Bugbee’s recommendation and explains it all very clearly. I have a link up in the conversations if you would like to check it out or maybe you already have. I am clearly not an avid grower and have really never grown a damn thing other than a funky tomatoe, However, I am having very good luck here. And thank you for the comment. I was curious how this would go but I decided to try, Glad I did so far.

@flpmygirlsover

4 Likes

After 12 weeks of growth and 2nd week of Flower both plants are doing very well as far as I can tell. They are in their stretch and getting taller. The plant on your left is only 25 inches tall and 42 inches wide and the plant right, is 42 inches tall and 42 inches wide. Lots of growth there. So far, I am impressed with this grow only using Jack’s Pro 20-10-20 Fertilizer. I will not be using any other fertilizers or chemicals for this grow to compare the last grow and the next grow. If anyone notices anything let me know. I know the pics are black and white. I’m not a photographer.

Maybe someone can answer a question for me about this grow though. As you can see, the plant on the left is shorter than the plant on the right. The environment is the same for both plants, lights are the same, ferts are the same, everything is the same for both plants. But one is considerably taller than the other. if a light gets moved up or down they all get moved up or down. Im kind of curious what feed back I get about this question.

3 Likes

Each seed probably has different genetic it acquired from the parents, just like children from their parents. Some children in the same family are tall & skinny some, short & fat, or might have different eye and hair colors. At least that’s my thoughts on it (FWIW). Lol!

4 Likes

When you see giant grows with hundreds of plants and they’re all the same height it’s because they are all the same plant. They’re just clones of One Plant so the genetics are identical and they all have the same growth pattern.

I back up nacho on the genetics 100%. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, You know I really never considered that the seeds I use came from different plants of the same strain, but that makes very good sense. I feel like I should have thought of that myself. I appreciate the input from both of you. That is probably the best answer for my question. I’ll try to think deeper next time. Thanks @happilyretired and @nacho151 Great input.

2 Likes

Its the end of Week 3 of Flower and the second scrog net is up and the bud are beginning to develop nicely. I’ll get a pic up soon of what the buds look like at this stage. The plants are growing at a different rate of growth, Plant A on the left is only 29 inches tall where Plant B is 41 inches high. I think and tell me if I am thinking wrong for some reason, If I were going to clone one of these plants it would be Plant A. Keeping the plants short and fat would be the better choice. They both show the same characteristics other than the growth rate. I’ll get the bud pic up today ASAP.

3 Likes

If you want to keep them the same height, top the tall one and then bend the branches down underneath the screen. That’s what the screen is for.

2 Likes

Hi there. I did all the topping earlier and if you look below the second net you will see the majority of the stalks are all or mostly all the same height. Its just those few stalks that decided to grow like crazy. I did the bending and brought all down to the same level. My wife thought I was going to kill them. I really don’t want to top any more at this point. If I topped them now I don’t think they would have time to recover from that before the rest were ready to harvest. But I will the next time do that when they get out of control on the next grow. Thank you for the input. I’m also not sure how I would top the tall ones at this point without hurting the entire budding of that stalk. Input for that would be well received.

3 Likes

I can’t see enough detail in these pictures but it sounds like you got a handle on things. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

As promised here is the pic of the one of the buds starting. They are all at this stage of budding. I dont see any issues of fertilizer burn at the tips, no yellowing leaves, nothing that would indicate an issue at this time. I’m sorry the pics are not of better quality but as I stated before, I’m not a photog.

9 Likes

Looks perfect to me…:+1:t3:

4 Likes