2nd run. Let the mothering and cloning begin

Coming along nicely @mista_ebs .

6 Likes

Thanks brother! Coming along even nicelier now.

7 Likes

Filling up!

6 Likes

Had some brown algae hit my tubes hard. Lost two ladies but the rest are recovering and forming new healthy white roots. Got covers to prevent light from getting in the tube that should help. Also changed the high from the feed to drain and that helped a lot. There was some stagnant areas in the water flow.

7 Likes

You might still get algae with that white pipe. If the wall isn’t thick enough to completely block the light it can still grow. If you have a piece that you can cover the end on hold it up and look threw it towards the light. If you can still see light it can still grow. :v:t3:

6 Likes

Great advice! That’s why Im going to use the solo cups. The collars fit perfectly into the inner ring of the cup and the cups fit snuggly into the holes. The net cups absolutely do not. I have the intake and output holes covered with that black sponge that comes in foam cases. Hopefully that does it. Ive been paying close attention to the roots and the inner walls. I think the problem was mostly due to poor water circulation. It’s on risers now and no stagnation. I gave the whole thing a clean out, pruned the bad roots, and let the plants chill in pots for a couple days.

Also I got water report from my town water department and they use an evaporative for of chlorine. I could just put a small amount of tap water in the reservoir here and there just to make sure no bad microbiology is growing in there right? The chlorine will evaporate pretty quickly as the reservoir is aerated and It should potentially disinfect anything happening in the water or on the roots? As long as I’m not using just the tap I would assume. It’s a 5 gal res also.

6 Likes

No. We spent a great deal of time and money purchasing and using RO systems to purifier water to remove chlorine and everything else. You can throw panda film over everything punch holes for your plants to go through. That will block the light or you can pull your plants out for a short time and spray paint the outside of the pipe. Maybe hit it with a quick coat of black and as soon as it tacked up, hit it with white over the top. What are you using for nutrients? Are you using a reservoir? to be honest with you I’m not sure exactly what you got going here. Anyways, you should think about getting something like Hydro guard. That should take care of your problems. Also the temperature of the water. Another thing to consider. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

I could use distilled as well right? Ro system isn’t something I can invest in yet. Yes I was looking at hydro guard and down to earth soluble root zone. So it’s technically an nft, so continuous flow. I have a separate reservoir that the tubes feed in and out of. The res has filter and aerator and is covered. I’m using GH 3 part although I’m am going to switch to rooted leaf on my next run or try to run a tea mixture. Ph is 5.65, ppm at 350 temp goes from like 68 in the morning to like 72.5 by the end of the light cycle.

6 Likes

Yes, distilled water is fine. Usually the larger grocery Stores have Area where you can fill and buy jugs. I’ve also seen these little buildings that are filling stations for RO water. Bring your own jug.

You can use your city water if you have to If the chlorine or whatever they use gas’s off . You can let it sit out for a day or so. Or if you have a friend that has a well, sometimes you can get some great growing water there. But you can grow plants with tapwater, remember it’s weed. The more you dial in its environment, the better potency/volume/quality you will get in the end. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

Appreciate you taking the time to just gimme some advice. It really helps. Everyone on this forum in particular has been very matter of fact and direct. Which I value greatly. Thanks.

9 Likes

Do you look around and read other journals? there’s a lot of information out there. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Definitely more as of lately. I’ll continue to read around!

7 Likes

5 Likes

Hanging gardens of babbling on

Love these panda film bags

6 Likes

Right on man make your own flower. That what we all do now. My dealer actually decided to go on vacation for 3 months. Left me high and dry and i hadent grown for a few years anyways. So i back in 2016 i was back to work growing. Its funny how they push us into growing and its just to expensive.

8 Likes

I know man! I really thought my first grow was going to be whatever but I liked everything I grew a lot more than most of what I’ve smoked in the past 2-3 years. People who sell ps what money not quality. I don’t care what it’s worth I care how it feels when I fuggin smoke it. Not mention even the more expensive stuff I was buying ended up with the same chance of having bud rot as the cheap shit. After I smoked my first crop Ill never buy weed from someone trying to sell it for a profit. Not worth a inhaling or even moreso tasting botrytis. I just told the dude who I was getting from how much of the bud his guy was giving him was just ridden with rot. And he didnt even know, one of the guys I used to get from was a “heady kid” and he didn’t even know what root rot was. I went to visit an old coworker of mine at the dispo I used to work at and half the display bud had minor but noticable bleaching on the bottom of the nugs and some you could just smell how bad it took hold. I think it’s because of it doesn’t just wisp up the nug the average person isn’t even going to notice. But the consumer who breaks the buds open and sees all the bleached kief and weird brown spots.

8 Likes

We have one on Jefferson here across from Brandenburg park in chesterfield Michigan that sells gallons of water for 25¢ a gal or 75¢ per 5 gal bottles. Bring ur own bottles for these prices honestly I’ve heard tho that lots of places like these run a hose thru a cheap filter and that’s the water u get. Just filtered water thru a filter. I grabbed my ro system for 250 and an Xtra 75 for a 10 gallon storage tank. System came with 2.5 gallon storage which wasn’t much. Bad is the ro system takes 3 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of ro water the other 2 gallons r draining down the drain line into the lake. Lol. I’ve been using regular tap and a small splash of apo stress coat in the water kills chlorine and chloramine and hard metals in the water. Def does something as u can smell the bleach smell when I fill a bucket drop some drips of api in the bucket and stir and u get absolutely no smell whatsoever

7 Likes

Dang that sounds nice. The closest water place to me just sell the big 5 gallon refills or purified water. I decided to make my pressure cooker a water distiller. Lol.

6 Likes

@mista_ebs My struggle with water was no fun and I only saw one way to fix a lot of problems in one shot. The RO Buddie filters on amazon would pay for themselves the first time you use them. I’ve been purifying roughly 25 gallons a week for the last couple of years and it reads 20ppm or or so consistently from city tap water with chloramine that reads 250 from the faucet. That makes it a blank canvas and that is always awesome. You just make what you need and move on with a fraction of the effort. There may be other filters out in the wild I think so maybe there are even cheaper options. I advocate for Hydro to be strictly RO Water Only in the party temple.

9 Likes

I spent a little bit more and got a 2:1 Ro system. And i have a 20 gallon tank and the lame 2.5 gallon tank connected together with a T-splitter. Since tank is so large i have it in another room under a utility bench/cupboard hidden. Then the line goes through the wall and under the sink with the R/o system in it. Works well and im going to add another T-splitter and hook up my new fridge im shopping for to that line to utilize the system further than just for growing plants.

8 Likes