2nd run. Let the mothering and cloning begin

My 10 gal rank just fit under sink lol. I may tie in the smaller rank also didn’t think it would work lol. I’m ready to move tho wife said when we move take my ro with me and hook it in the garage with a bigger tank lol. Hell I want a basement not a garage to grow in. Lol. Even an attic would be nice if a stand up attic with nice space. I have everything at work ro insulate the space I’m gonna make a grow room when I find a spot just finding a spot. Shits thru the roof right now hundred thousand dollar homes r going for 250 plus this is insane

10 Likes

Ladies are doing well now that the root rot problem has been fixed

First run out of the three clones runs I’ve tried that’s actually showing any progress

10 Likes

8 Likes

From left to right: back Bruce banner, front strawberry Gum, 2 strawberry Taffy, 2 bandaid, 2 cheese gas, back Mac, and front trainwreck.

8 days no roots out of the bottom but they are lively and vigorous. Keeping my fingers crossed for first successful roots.

9 Likes

I get great success on roots with the clone king. Shits great I only use clones solution and ro water also dip cuts in clones gel right at the snip to avoid sucking up air into the stem. Do u just keep the Rockwood cubes wet like that?? I’ve never done it any other way but a home made cloner and the clone king afterwards when I fell in love with cloning.

8 Likes

I have a friend who works in a clone room, so I asked for his advice since I was having a nice ol goose egg success rate. He highly recommended the rockwool because of the way the moisture settles in it and it has a very efficient dry back. They use domes but the rh of the tent I have mine in sits between 75/80 so I’m not super worried about that. I use a rooting powder with the active ingredient being indole 3 butyric acid. I clip dip then put them in a prepped cube. When they dry back I give the bottom of the cube 5ml of 5.5ph 350ppm water. They’re under an 800 lumen cool blue regular led lamp bulb which is faces somewhat away from them. And I put them over a small bed of perlite to ensure the cubes don’t retain water too long. Seems to be working this time. My problem before was they were damping off so I’m really trying to avoid paranoid over watering. Classic rookie shit haha.

9 Likes

Make u a small homemade cloner or grab a clone king they work awesome. I’ve had 1 maybe 2 clones not root out of the 100 or so I’ve done. Even harder stemmed cuts root in it. I had great success with the homemade one also but everyone else showing these nice cloners made me grab a clone king. I wanna say like 20ish bucks I made the cloner it was a 7 gallon storage bin from home Depot a small pump and some 3/4 black tube. I had cut to size to wrap around top of bin just under the lid connect to pump and the opposite end of hose I heated up a bit with a lighter where it was soft and hot and used a book to push down flat to mend it together to seal that end. Used like a 1/16 drill bit and drilled holes on a slight upward and some strait so water shot up a bit and strait to make sure I saturated the whole inside with the spraying. Worked out awesome but wasn’t the best of looking when u see the clone kings and stuff but was great. Lol. Just a small pump works for that also it was like 7 or 8 bucks at the local hydro shop I fell in love with cloning and keep them around so long I have to clone the clone to keep it around as the clones always grow too big on me lol.

8 Likes

Haha I guess I spoke too soon. my first root became visible out of the bottom this morning! Still pieced together an aero cloner. I had most of the stuff on hand.

8 Likes

Awesome man.

8 Likes

We have roots!!! Nicely done, looking good.

7 Likes

Usually after about five days, I gently pull up on the stem. If it has resistance, it’s making roots. If it’s not gonna do anything, usually just slides out. This is something that I’ve just always done. Rarely does one ever pull out but it does happen occasionally. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Started bottom feeding and it is definitely working better.

10 Likes

Strawberry gum

Bruce Banner

Bandaid x Acapulco #1

Bandaid x Acapulco #2

Cheese gas #1

Cheese gas #2

Trainwreck clone

Mac clone

Bhalk hash plant

Rooted trainwreck clip (first succesful clone!!!)

Rooted Mac clone

Super skunk auto

Lemon tree #1

Lemon tree #2

White Caviar

Random bag seed

5 Likes

Getting this cloning thing down

5 Likes

I love cloning. Ive hooked for years. I mean you can skip the seedling stage and root a full plant in 10 days.

I have cloned every single part of the plant. Ive cloned 4 different ways.

1. Soil in pots, rootone powder and a plastic bag. I would clip dip and spray the inside of bag with water make a dome and twist the sack up under the pot. And leave it on dappled sunlight back in 1998.
  2. Kratkeys no circulating hydroponic clone. Where i snip and use clonex gel and a plug that slides into a floating styrofoam tray of clonex nutrients solution for 2 weeks and you get roots.
  3. Rock wool cubes. Snip the clone dip it and insert into pre moistened cubes sitting in 1/4" of clonex solution and about 2 weeks for roots.
  4. Turboclone machine is my favorite because it has a fan inside to lower water temps and i can get really nice fat roots in 6-10 days. And i feel that clones from an already aeroponic set up do better in hydro then in cubes or soil because the air bubbles and the circulation.

Back in 1999 there was stories about this guy who made a bioponic grow using a toilet and the plant grew out of the bowl no shit! And he would flush the toilet and the tank held the nutrients would water the root ball in the bow! I was 16 so it must have been some sort of ebbflow type system? But it made me remeber it because it was wild! Unheard of and new for growing in the 90’s once i found out i could get seeds and grow my own weed thats all i took for me to grow my own dope.

7 Likes

Yea I definitely would like to skip germ and seedling stages. Just keeps more smoke in my lungs. Aero cloner is definitely an option. Definitely waiting on some other stuff first. The rockwool seems to be working pretty well. So far I’ve only lost two clips so highest success rate so far. The ones I lost were due to not having some modicum of care they were receiving before I started my new job. Now I just check them before I leave for work.

7 Likes

Getting ready to flip into flower. All have been topped and mainlined into 8 top colas. Got some dirt to play with too.

5 Likes

Def def def the best move yet!

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes