4*4 Grow in 4*8 Tent. 6-12 Plant Rockwool DTW Ventana Plant Science

Guys I’m preparing my next run. The plan is a 44 Drain to waste table with 6-12 plants in 44*4 rockwool cubes on unislabs. I will be running the full VPS nutrient line. I am in the stages of acquiring the last parts for my setup and plan to be up in 2-4weeks max depending on the last pieces to the puzzle and revisions. I’m looking for any and all advice on what to watch out for, what not to do, and best practices.

Happy Growing.

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see what you get going. And pictures would be nice. what kind of lights are you running? Are you running CO2? Do you have climate control? :v:t3:

14 Likes

My plan is to run as main the illuminar hypermole 720 and 2 spider farmer sf1000s possibly under canopy. The hypermole has not been released yet, it’s supposed to be out this month. My backup plan for the light is the HLG 600 red spec. I really did not have plans for CO2 but will take recommendations. Climate control wise I have 2 ac infinity 4" inline fans, maybe one intake and one exhaust. Going to get a couple smaller fans to clip on the frame for canopy. I live in NM so I may need humidifier more than dehumidifier but will have both. I will start posting pics soon once I start setting up. Tent just came in yesterday so its on.

14 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes

Hi @roninalkemyst , sounds like a top setup and just the last few pieces to put together. Good growing and look forward to seeing some updates. I can recommend the HLG 600, it worked like a bomb for me.

15 Likes

I’ve never heard of that new light you’re going to use. But I’ve done many many grows underneath to HLG 600s. They were the first lights I bought with high recommendations, and they still work as good as the day I put them in. Yeah yeah yeah everybody says the newer, bigger better. Bang for your buck, you can’t beat quantum boards.
Could you take a picture of the specs of your new Illuminator light you’re gonna use? if you don’t have a manual, can you take a picture of the specs on the driver for us? Those numbers will tell you all you need to know. It will give you theoretical, at least of what the light is gonna do. The HLG is a well tested light. We know what it will do.
It looks like you’re starting off doing it right. Sounds like you have very good equipment to start with. One thing you’re going to need is a pH meter. When you’re ready to start investing in that type of stuff, let us know and we can steer you in the right direction. do yourself a favor and do not buy a cheap pH meter. You will be replacing it with a better one shortly there after if you do.
Anyways, it sounds like you’re starting it off right. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

11 Likes

Yes, I have definitely been looking into ph/ec meters as well.

10 Likes

I think I am leaning toward just going with the HLG.

10 Likes

You should probably invest in a high quality helmet and get ready to make some friends. Welcome to the GN community!

Are you going to be using R/O water?

11 Likes

LOL, thank you. I have seen that a lot of people are going with RO water so I have considered it. I hadn’t before, is that the best bet?

9 Likes

With all tap waters being inconsistent, ro water gives you a base to start with that should always be 0. That way your nute levels should be easier to dial in.

8 Likes

Ok, will definitely run RO water if I can. I may be a little restricted on that end. If I am unable to modify my plumbing what would be the next best thing?

8 Likes

Leaving water out for 24 hours to gas off. Helps remove chlorination.

If you had extreme water quality issues, you could boil water. I’ve never heard of anyone needing that degree though.

You’ll get two responses for this subject. One thought is just run whatever water you have or the ro route.

8 Likes

You can get a RO buddy for pretty cheap on Amazon and you can get an adapter and you can run it right off your kitchen sink. If I remember right there might be one in the package I don’t quite recall. If you have an outside hose Spicket, you can just hook it to that. That’s what I do. They don’t make water real fast. If it’s something you think you wanna do, I can shoot you some pictures of what it is and what you might need. :v:t3:

10 Likes

Now that may be an option, i’m definitely interested. Please send me what you have when you have time. Thank you.

10 Likes

Just looked up the RO Buddie. Man you guys are all about solutions…I like it.

10 Likes

I am a newb and really don’t know much of anything but I would recommend setting up for R/O if you can. It removes all of the guess work and gives you a blank canvas to work with. I use BRUTE trash cans with lids and just keep them topped off for my needs. I use the R/O Buddy filter and I have it rigged to be portable.

These pics are a bit old but you get the point.

11 Likes

Heya @Slym3r !
From what I’ve read it depends on what your local water supplier uses. My city uses Chloramine and it is more persistent than chlorine and does not off-gas. R/O filters remove that nasty bastard from the line to my nightclub because we don’t let that kind of Riff Raff into the party temple.

9 Likes

Yup, your R/O unit will get rid of the chloramine !

8 Likes