40% off sale at Seed Bank

@Arbitrode we got our star killer in!!!
Bought it because of your comment lol

2 Likes

Congrats. I did not pull that lever. I’ll be looking out for your reports. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Ive grown the chocalope in 3 gal and 5 gal containers. I had also used rockwool. The biggest I ever got those was the football colas and they where grown in 3 gallon containers loaded with rockwool minicubes. I transplanted into those after the plants busted roots out of the bottom of the 4” blocks. I found a pic. Hahaha this is just one side branch from the plant. I can not find the main cola pictures. It was massive compared to the side branching. It got where I had to set my alarm and feed it twice a day. I used bamboo stakes a lot back then to hold everything up. When I went to harvest and I removed the stakes it got ugly. Hahaha I had arms everywhere. Hahahaha even the back of my neck got hit and was super sticky. Lol

2 Likes

Good morning everyone,

So, the other night I had a customer send me an email with some photos of mine of Original Skunk #1 posted on a seed companies website advertising their “Original Skunk #1” seeds for sale and I had the short interaction below with them on twitter.

Some guy named Ken at seedbank.co, seems to think it is perfectly OK to pay a “3rd party company” to steal photos so they can advertise whatever bs seeds they’re selling. Clearly, on his “seed king” website, what you see is NOT what you get.

Any information about Ken or his seed bank would be greatly appreciated.

I know that this is been going on in the cannabis seed industry for quite a while, but I would love some input from you about how you feel about this.

Because I write for GROW magazine, I’m going to do an article about this flat-out deceit.

Personally, I don’t think it’s cool and I do not put photos with seeds if I don’t have the exact photos of those seeds in flower.

How do you as seed buyers, feel about seed companies stealing photos and claiming them as photos of the seeds that they are selling?

Have you caught seed sellers using your photos to sell their seeds without your permission?

Have you purchased seeds that you grew out and looked nothing like the images that they were advertised with?

I appreciate everybody’s opinion on this, and I hope everybody had a very happy 420 holiday.

7 Likes

Im completely against this!!! Thats false advertising. The pics should reflect your actual beans strain. I have a 1970s skunk 1 at a legal grow and im telling you now its nothing like any of the skunks i see out there now. So to put a random skunk 1 pic up from soneone else is completely false advertising. I will never buy seeds from a company like those people. Whats even worse…when the laws changed in colorado years back, dispencaries where changing the names and listing product under false names to make sales. I watched it happen several times. If people really knew the truth of who was allowed to have the licenses and open those stores then they probably would never buy from a dispencary again.

2 Likes

One more thing…their response on…”its not their intententions to steel credit for others work”. What a giant bunch of BS!!! Lie lie lie lie. To buy photos from a third party for the specific purpose of using the pics to sell your product…their entire intentions have always been to false advertise and lie, otherwise they would be using their own pics from the beginning!!! I cant stand those companies that do this crap, then give a lie for an excuse. They took the pics down cuz they had too in fear of a lot of back lash. This also tells me that NONE of the pictures for any of the seeds are legit that they carry and sell. That seed bank should be listed so people know to stay clear.
Props to you @todd.mccormick for staying proffesional and keeping your composure in those twitter messages.

4 Likes

Not really up on things these days, but I’m fairly certain you have to copyright your pictures or post a notice or watermark them, or they become public domain. Most will honor it if you ask them to take them down. Some won’t if they don’t legally have to.

I sure you can google it and find out the requirements on keeping your photos protected.

But no I don’t think it’s right to use someones work without permission.

2 Likes

I completely disagree with alot of seedbanks business models @todd.mccormick. It is well known that you can’t trust the genetics from lots of sites. I always go the extra mile to find the original breeder of genetics to procure my seeds from.
I’ve been eyeing your Skunk #1 for a few weeks now. I just haven’t pulled the trigger and bought them. Is your Durban Poison in the Mel Frank line going to available anytime soon? Those are 2 strains I’d like to grab from you.
:v:

2 Likes

Did you grow any of that Star Killer yet? Mine are still languishing in the fridge. Lost a good 6 months this year of growing time.

2 Likes